GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
Stepping aside from this weeks upcoming action, for those interested to know, young 'Buck' Donohue has made the final squad for the Falcons this year.

Still hasn't grown much since was last reported (currently stuck around the 182cm/82kg mark since he was around 14), and is a bottom-ager this year. So, essentially, whilst he's done well to make the cut, he may not get a consistent run (especially given the strength of the Falcons squad this season - most would rank it within the top 3-4 around the state), but should be interesting keeping an eye out on him this season nonetheless.

Oh, and it seems our other F/S hope for this season (Toby Bairstow aside) Brad Nankervis failed to make the Falcons cut, after going through the summer program. Like Buck, a bottom-ager, so still has next year to go though.

is toby bairstow draft age this year?
last i heard he was playing colts in wa, where is he at atm and is he good enough to be considered?

is toby bairstow draft age this year?
last i heard he was playing colts in wa, where is he at atm and is he good enough to be considered?

Toby's 'draft year' (ie his first year of draft eligibility) was last year with Tomahawk, Couch, and Jacob Neal. He can still be picked up under the current F/S rulings though.

Played the majority of last season in the local WA country league (a mix of senior and colts appearances), but apparently has just signed up with Sth Fremantle in the WAFL again. The hope is that he can crack the side this season.

thanks for the update geecat, would like to have bairstow snr running around atm!

Oh, and it seems our other F/S hope for this season (Toby Bairstow aside) Brad Nankervis failed to make the Falcons cut, after going through the summer program. Like Buck, a bottom-ager, so still has next year to go though.

Perhaps you know more G but as I understand it , the Falcons basically like BradN but thought him a tad slow for his size. He been told to go away and work on it , time will tell.

Perhaps you know more G but as I understand it , the Falcons basically like BradN but thought him a tad slow for his size. He been told to go away and work on it , time will tell.

Can't say I know the exact reasoning on the Falcons side mate, but I think it's fair to suggest speed isn't a strength of his.

Around the 185cm mark though, so I'm told, so looks like a nice size given the role he plays. Hopefully he can make it through the system next season.

Stepping aside from this weeks upcoming action, for those interested to know, young 'Buck' Donohue has made the final squad for the Falcons this year.

Still hasn't grown much since was last reported (currently stuck around the 182cm/82kg mark since he was around 14), and is a bottom-ager this year. So, essentially, whilst he's done well to make the cut, he may not get a consistent run (especially given the strength of the Falcons squad this season - most would rank it within the top 3-4 around the state), but should be interesting keeping an eye out on him this season nonetheless.

i have it on good authority that young buck is right in the mix for selection for round 1, after some very impressive performances in the practice games. will keep you posted as i get more information

donohue will play this week...starting half back..i no form a very good source..also commenting on his appearance. he has changed completly from a solid kid with a fair ****load of puppy fat to someone that resembles an athlete.. he is looking good..has a ****load of flair and if he comits him self..has everychance of the bigtime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Mick Turner (and following from Jubs), Donohue was BOG in his role off the half back flank. In Mick's words, "showed excellent skills on both sides of the body".

May as well make this the unofficial thread of all things F/S (or at least, all things on Donohue), to save the inevitable pile of F/S query threads to be started during the course of the season.

For the record, Adam's weekend stats were as follows:

25 disposals (17 kicks, 8 handballs), 7 marks, 4 tackles, and a goal.

It's ridiculous how many father-son prospects we have floating around. Would be fantastic if some of them end up having the impact that their dads did. Sounds like we'll have another F/S bonanza upcoming provided the AFL don't change the rules on us before then.

Any word on how Toby went? Also, what is Couchy's son doing? Can't remember where he ended up.

Tommy Couch is playing VFL for us this season, might even get a look at him this weekend.

Tommy Couch is playing VFL for us this season, might even get a look at him this weekend.

I saw Couchy (snr) at the VFL match on the weekend so I presume his boy was playing. Don't know what number he was though so I don't know how he went.

I saw Couchy (snr) at the VFL match on the weekend so I presume his boy was playing. Don't know what number he was though so I don't know how he went.

Number 14. Has been good during the preseason. Should of been rookied ahead of Reynolds.

Gamble was wearing 14.

hmm the vfl praccy matches had ****ed up numbers at the start.
couch is down for 55 durin the regular season

Update for those interested:

Donohue kicked 2 goals and was named 5th best in another Falcons blowout win. Also had 13 touches (12 kicks, 1 handpass) and 5 marks.

And, again, for those interested (or free, whichever), I believe the Falcons are hitting Skilled Stadium this Sunday at 2pm, so you should be able to rock up and hopefully catch a glimpse of our next potential F/S recruit (although it does coincide with the Hawks game).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back