1-Aug
Round 15 *Hobart v Lauderdale TCA

8-Aug
Round 16 Clarence v Hobart Bellerive

15-Aug
Round 17 Hobart v Devonport TCA

22-Aug
Round 18 North Hobart v Hobart North Hobart

Two games from the north of the state all season. Pretty much as expected.

My biggest problem is ABC2 aren't showing state footy any more, and the ABC is refusing to make games available on iView or for download either.

well, i'm not surprised at the lack of northern exposure with the television coverage... i guess it's to be expected. at least it saves me having to buy my brother a dvd recorder so he can record launcestons games for me...

out of interest, whose the abc got on commentary down there? i'd imagine pete newlinds, peter gee and he who will never disappear, andy bennett are heavily involved?

who was that muppet that they used as boundary rider in the late years of the previous swl and the first year or two of devils coverage? i hope he's not back...

well, i'm not surprised at the lack of northern exposure with the television coverage... i guess it's to be expected. at least it saves me having to buy my brother a dvd recorder so he can record launcestons games for me...

out of interest, whose the abc got on commentary down there? i'd imagine pete newlinds, peter gee and he who will never disappear, andy bennett are heavily involved?

who was that muppet that they used as boundary rider in the late years of the previous swl and the first year or two of devils coverage? i hope he's not back...

I didn't really take much notice of who was commentating, but according to their website....

This season, the commentary team will be led by Alister Nicholson. Joining him throughout the year will be the ABC's Chris Smyth, with expert comments from Andy Bennett, while Martin Cuddihy will be patrolling the boundary.
http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/2009/04/grandstand-tsl.html?site=

Quite enjoyed the telecast. Now that we're not getting the VFL and ABC2 no longer has the SANFL, this will certainly satisfy for my dose of 'real' football each week.

wow, chris smyth still has a job? unbelievable... terrible commentator, absolutely abominable voice... glad i'm not down there to watch it...

nicholson impressed in the few devils game that i heard him commentate... but wow... smyth...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Baker.

1997 Elimination Final.

Robert Gourlay ran through Rodney Grinter with such force that live at the ground it sounded like a car crash.

Commentator: How's Grinter looking, Gary?

Baker: Oh he's not looking real good at all (Starts to talk about something else then says no more than 10 seconds later) No, he's not looking too bad now and he's about to come back on to the ground!

The ABC game for this week is now Glenorchy v Clarence @ KGV not Hobart v Lauderdale @ TCA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back