Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Seen it?

Saw it yesterday and its a haunting movie that I haven't stopped thinking about since it ended.

Can't think of a film of late that has brought the audience into the conversations between the characters so closely that it makes you feel like you are standing there with them.

This is the clip, but the comments underneath say it all...

She sucked in American Horror Story and I can't believe they gave her a Golden Globe.

Seen it?

Saw it yesterday and its a haunting movie that I haven't stopped thinking about since it ended.

Can't think of a film of late that has brought the audience into the conversations between the characters so closely that it makes you feel like you are standing there with them.

This is the clip, but the comments underneath say it all...

May be too different films but would you say that it's similar to the Before trilogy?

It was alright, I didn't love it but didn't hate it either. Could easily have made it 30 mins shorter. Was disappointed that the last song wasn't better. Plus the ending was predictable after seeing what was on the billboard at the start and also because of how the storyline went in general. You could tell what was going to happen.

6/10 for me.

I was dragged to it and ended up enjoying it, thought Bradley Cooper actually sounded quite good. Dragged a bit, but the chemistry was great between the two leads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it last week with my mum and best friend, we all enjoyed it thoroughly.

I wish she sang like that more often with her music, and Bradley Cooper was very surprising with his singing.

Too long and too boring. Wasn't the storyline I expected, I expected her getting up and performing to be the end of the movie not the start so that threw me a bit. Then her going all gaga with the dancing and orange hair, seemed like they were writing a movie about gaga. His voice was pretty good for a bloke who isn't a singer, sounds like he put a fair bit of work/effort/time into being able to sing

Too long and too boring. Wasn't the storyline I expected, I expected her getting up and performing to be the end of the movie not the start so that threw me a bit. Then her going all gaga with the dancing and orange hair, seemed like they were writing a movie about gaga. His voice was pretty good for a bloke who isn't a singer, sounds like he put a fair bit of work/effort/time into being able to sing
Do you think she'll end up receiving aOscar nomination?

Do you think she'll end up receiving aOscar nomination?

If she wasn't a well know singer then no, but because she is yes she will. Performance wasn't that great (we know she can sing so you can take that part of it away) but wast bad.

I don't take awards that seriously, always an agenda behind most of them. I laughed that Rooney Mara got an Oscar nomination for girl with the dragon tattoo when the girl in the original movie (not the US version) didn't get a nomination but was much better in her role. But she wasn't in the US version so bad luck.

Also didn't Halle Berry and Denzal Washington both win major acting Oscars in the same year there were complains about black people not winning Oscars - just coincidence

Gaga was good.

Cooper was awesome, as he usually is.

Gaga will recieve a nom just because she's a singer in her first film that's turned in a decent performance, no way was that anything close to an Oscar winning performance. Should Cooper be nominated for a Grammy if that's the case?

As has been said, first half 9/10, second half 6.5/10.

I think it was showing her starting off all humble and then sort of selling out. Which is tragic especially comparing to Jack’s downward spiral.

I think this film will win best song at the Oscars, but Gaga won’t win best actress can see her getting another Golden Globe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was showing her starting off all humble and then sort of selling out. Which is tragic especially comparing to Jack’s downward spiral.

I think this film will win best song at the Oscars, but Gaga won’t win best actress can see her getting another Golden Globe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got the plot right - that was exactly what it was supposed to be showing hence his conflict and torment (well, that was part of his many issues anyway) at her selling out.

Like others have said, ended up being a drawn out. The setup for what ultimately happened was overdone. Probably both get Oscar nominations, but I think you take away her singing and it was an average acting performance. Not bad, but really not that demanding so stand out either.

It was alright, I didn't love it but didn't hate it either. Could easily have made it 30 mins shorter. Was disappointed that the last song wasn't better. Plus the ending was predictable after seeing what was on the billboard at the start and also because of how the storyline went in general. You could tell what was going to happen.

6/10 for me.

Pretty much my thoughts although I wasn't expecting him to commit suicide.

I thought the last song was that bad that I actually stopped watching halfway through her performing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back