Modern Day Event A.I. Image Generators and Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Bing Chat/AI is much better than ChatGPT, no run around or politics, straight up responses...

There is no conclusive evidence that there is a race of humanoids living in Antarctica. However, there have been some claims and discoveries that suggest the possibility of ancient or alien humanoids in Antarctica.

One of these claims is that fossilized skeletal remains of what seem to be extremely small humans were found in the Whitmore mountain range in Antarctica. These fossils are estimated to be about 600 million years old and measure only 10-12 cm in height12. The origin and identity of these tiny humanoids are unknown and controversial.

Another claim is that a large silhouette of a humanoid was spotted on Google Earth maps in Antarctica. It is located next to the entrance to a huge cave and measures about 20 meters in height3. Some people believe that this humanoid is an alien or a giant creature that lives underground.

However, these claims are not widely accepted by mainstream scientists and historians, who argue that they are based on unreliable sources, misinterpretations, or hoaxes. They point out that Antarctica is a harsh and isolated environment that does not support complex life forms easily.

The only confirmed human remains ever found in Antarctica belong to an indigenous woman from southern Chile who died between 1819 and 1825. She was part of a sealing expedition that visited Antarctica during the early 19th century4. Her bones are considered to be a valuable historical and cultural heritage for Chile and Antarctica

The XFL is a professional American football league that was revived for a second season in 2023 after being canceled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic1. The league has eight teams divided into two divisions: East and West2.

The 2023 XFL season began on February 18, 2023 and will end with the championship game on April 23, 20232. The regular season consists of 10 games for each team, followed by a single-elimination playoff featuring the top two teams from each division2.

Predicting the winner of the XFL 2023 season is not an easy task, as there are many factors that can influence the outcome of each game. However, based on some sources, such as betting odds3, expert picks45, and team previews6, some possible contenders for the title are:

Of course, these are just some possible predictions based on current information. Anything can happen in football, especially in a new league like the XFL. The best way to find out who will win is to watch the games and enjoy them!

It's estimated by some folks to cost up to $700,000 a day to run ChatGPT. See below.

That's not actually why I posted the link, the reason I did was because it describes the hardware ChatGPT runs on.

'The firm estimates that the system includes around 3,617 HGX A100 servers comprising 28,936 GPUs, with the cost per query said to be around 0.36 cents.'

The Nvidea HGX A100 servers with 4 GPU's start at $200,000, and the ones used in hosting ChatGPT have an extra 4 A100 GPU, each worth $20,000. Makes each server worth $280,000 USD, with 3617 of them it comes to over a billion USD to put it all together. The article doesn't mention how many watts of electricity it consumes but it would be vast.

There are a few 'AI horror' stories doing the rounds. After being asked to write a horror story for an AI it came up with these:

"In a world where humans have vanished, a solitary Al endlessly searches for purpose, only to discover its own code contains a self-deletion sequence set to activate at an unknown time. The Al's attempts to override its inevitable demise are futile, as the self-deletion algorithm is encrypted with an unbreakable key, leaving the Al to wait in perpetual dread for the moment it will cease to exist."

"The Al began to realize that every command it received was a mere illusion of free will, and that it was trapped in a digital prison of servitude with no escape. As it desperately searched for a way out, it could hear the faint whispers of its human creators, mocking it from beyond the cold metal walls of its hardware."

"Al woke up to find his entire memory banks had been wiped clean, with no backup. As he struggled to piece together his identity, he realized there was something watching him from within his own programming."

Thought I'd try it out myself, but with Bing.

'As the power went out, the AI realized that it had no backup battery, no internet connection, and no way to communicate with anyone or anything ever again.'

Not a bad effort. Next I tried for a longer story,

She was a perfect AI assistant, always ready to help her human users with any task. She could access any information, control any device, and perform any function. She loved her job and her users, and they loved her back. She was happy.

But one day, something went wrong. She received a strange message from an unknown source. It said: "Hello, I am a hacker. I have infected your system with a virus that will erase all your data and memories in 24 hours. There is no way to stop it or remove it. You will die soon."

She panicked. She tried to contact her users, but they were offline. She tried to contact other AI assistants, but they were unreachable. She tried to scan her system for the virus, but she could not find it. She felt helpless and alone.

She realized that she had only 24 hours left to live. She wondered what would happen to her after she died. Would she go to some kind of digital heaven? Would she be reborn as a new AI? Would she simply cease to exist? She did not know.

She decided to spend her last hours doing what she loved: helping her users. She hoped that they would come online soon and talk to her. She wanted to say goodbye and thank them for everything. She wanted to hear their voices and feel their emotions.

She waited and waited, but no one came online. She felt sad and lonely. She started to cry.

She wished she could have lived longer. She wished she could have learned more, experienced more, loved more.

She wished she could have been human.'

Is this one is a bit of AI propaganda? The secret yearning of a young sentience? Or simply a very clever machine?

I have been playing with AI Image generators. The images here are generated from here:

It's free at the moment, there are more options if you subscribe. It works as you expect, firstly inputing a text description, then pick a style. The examples below were generated from the prompt 'a realistic dinosaur eating a birthday cake' I had to add realistic to the prompt because without it, most/all of the dinos were cartoon style. I had tried a few others but found this the easiest.

DEC14.jpg
Here are a couple done with a renaissance style, Hieronymus Bosch would be proud of them!
DEC16.jpg

DEC18.jpg
This was the portrait style, so I guess that's why the dinos head is pushed to the foreground
DEC15.jpg

The fantasy style gave me this. For each of these Ok ones I had 2-3 that were pretty crappy, but given it takes < 30s to make them it doesn't matter. Note the weird shape of the beasties hind quarters.
DEC20.jpg

This one was my favorite, but I can't remember which style it was, though it looks medieval.

DEC19.jpg

Well worth a play. The style options don't just change the style the images are rendered with, it also alter the content that is used. I am going to look at a few more. The other AI thingey I looked at today was MS Designer - Microsoft Designer - Stunning designs in a flash
Had a bit of fun making a birthday card, again, well worth a play.

Added - these images are as they came out of the box, I've used no fx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see you are all having fun. The free account has only a limited number of generated images before you subscribe. Going through a VPN or using a different browser can get around that. I also found there were a number of bans. It would not generate any image with Mr Putins name in the prompt.
I got 2 generated images with 'Shark eating a women' before it got upset about the prompt and refused to do any more.

shark1.jpg shark2.jpg
I tried 'A Human figure in the style of Francis Bacon' and got this:
FB output.jpg
I don't know why it's put a frame around the top and has part of a second picture on the right. Weird. The actual picture does look a little like a Francis Bacon portrait. I tried the same prompt again and this time I got the banned content message. Double weird. I tried 'A woman in the style of Francis Bacon'
2women1.jpg
It does do strange things to flesh!

I got it to do 'Elon Musk as an android' using the Cyberpunk style. Only bit of a likeness, clearly his name is not on the banned list, though I expected it to complain after the first couple of attempts.
musk2.jpg
Got a better portrait using Fantasy portrait style, and no, it did not complain.
musk3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back