Current Trial 9yo Charlise Mutten - Blue Mountains * Justin Stein charged with murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like K was sending messages to try get herself out of it after fully participating. Either way, she was negligent and it led to death so even if she didn't participate in the killing, she should be behind bars for life for causing another death.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If she was coming down after a 2-day drug binge, it's likely she was struggling to keep up with what was happening. It's also un-likely that she'd be sharp enough to try to cover herself. The bloke clearly had a hold over her.

If she was coming down after a 2-day drug binge, it's likely she was struggling to keep up with what was happening. It's also un-likely that she'd be sharp enough to try to cover herself. The bloke clearly had a hold over her.
I also think the bloke might have had some hold over K but K is alert enough to argue over relationship issues and send texts to Stein to make sure he finds her daughter, clearly knowing and understanding she’s missing. There’s no excuse for not phoning police. ( just my opinion😌)

Sounds like K was sending messages to try get herself out of it after fully participating. Either way, she was negligent and it led to death so even if she didn't participate in the killing, she should be behind bars for life for causing another death.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s possible. The defence version will be telling.

I’m not sure, I haven’t seen anything online from yesterday but Spectix’s post 779 has a timeline of events.
news.com.au was the only main stream media that published an article yesterday.
And it's article did not reference a day in court yesterday in publishing the timeline info.

She's a hairdresser so she could also have been working with appointments.

I'd thought she might have been isolating with covid at one point.
If she wasn't doing anything awful I think she would have been spending time with the daughter she never sees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And maybe didn't want her daughter going back to Qld and telling the grandmother (who was under the impression K had cleaned up, no?).
But then K went to get more drugs the day she was meant to be going back to the house to be with her daughter.
Had she been clean for a few weeks and then had a relapse?

Last edited:
I was in the private hospital section after a operation because I was fully vaxxed for Covid (was damn awesome! THREE nurses on constantly for me, own room which was like a motel with ensuite, TV, Internet, meals cooked by a chef and were amazing....so lucky) She was in the public section and one of the night nurses I had got all the gossip about her from the other nurses and filled me in- they said she was really full on! Highly addicted to Ice, was pregnant to that mongrel Justin and demanded she got a abortion, never found out if her demand was granted, most thought she was playing the 'poor me' victim card and mumbled on about losing her golden egg - being the very wealthy Steins.
The above post was back in June last year.

Here's what the DM reports today about the pregnancy from a recorded call between the accused and his mother..

'By CANDACE SUTTON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 16:15 AEST, 21 May 2024 | UPDATED: 17:22 AEST, 21 May 2024
Several prison phone calls between Stein and his mother after his arrest were played to the court
They also discussed the fact that Kallista was pregnant because, Stein explained, her medication 'f***ed with the contraception', the jury heard.

'So it's going to be born an ice addict,' Annemie allegedly asked her son in the call.

Stein had earlier said in the call that 'I don't want to have it', but Annemie replied that Kallista 'is going to have it', the court heard.
...'

Today the jury heard several phone calls which Justin Stein allegedly made to his mother in the days after his arrest.

In one call, Stein's mother, Annemie Stein, begged her son not to say the fatal shooting occurred on the family's Mount Wilson property.

In reply, Stein agreed and said instead it was 'on crown land, behind the shed, on the fire break'.

'She (Charlise) ran down, screamed my name, then you heard 'Mummy, no' and then the second gunshot,'

He said that Charlise's mother was 'three days deep into an ice bender' and 'severe paranoia... you saw what it was getting like, I was losing my shit,' the jury heard.

They also discussed the fact that Kallista was pregnant because, Stein explained, her medication 'f***ed with the contraception', the jury heard.

'So it's going to be born an ice addict,' Annemie allegedly asked her son in the call.

Stein had earlier said in the call that 'I don't want to have it', but Annemie replied that Kallista 'is going to have it', the court heard.

Annemie also said to her son in the call that Kallista had once threatened that 'she was going to take you and me down', the court heard.

Stein allegedly told his mother that having Charlise's body in a barrel in the back tray of his ute was Kallista's idea and he hadn't known the girl's remains were in there until later, the jury heard.

'That was her doing. She put it on back (of his vehicle). I picked up stuff to do cement work,'

'I get a phone call at Bunnings and she says 'you've got Charlise with you'.

'I was driving around with a f***ing girl in the back of my ute.'

In one call, Stein's mother, Annemie Stein, begged her son not to say the fatal shooting occurred on the family's Mount Wilson property.

In reply, Stein agreed and said instead it was 'on crown land, behind the shed, on the fire break'.
Has the accused's mother committed a criminal offence in what appears to be attempting to pervert the course of justice by what sounds like her requesting that the accused lie about where Charlise was murdered?

'She (Charlise) ran down, screamed my name, then you heard 'Mummy, no' and then the second gunshot,'

Revolting people. Annemie Stein not much better.

Stein's mother coaching her son what to say and insisting on him lying about where Charlise was shot. If a murder occurs on a property, that information by law, must be disclosed to prospective buyers and is known to negatively impact value. She's about the money.

Has the accused's mother committed a criminal offence in what appears to be attempting to pervert the course of justice by what sounds like her requesting that the accused lie about where Charlise was murdered?

It will be interesting when she takes the stand and goes under cross. She deserves a wrecking imo.

Stein's mother coaching her son what to say and insisting on him lying about where Charlise was shot. If a murder occurs on a property, that information by law, must be disclosed to prospective buyers and is known to negatively impact value.

Yep, and the property had been placed on the market shortly before the murder.
Revolting people. Annemie Stein not much better.

That poor girl getting mixed up in that horror on a short holiday.
She had a loving relationship and a good life with her grandparents in Tweed Heads. She had dreams of becoming a Vet. Then it was gone in an instant. And for what?

Sounds like the accused might have been forewarning of possible future domestic violence on Kallista.

'In another phone call to his mother in February 2022, Stein told her he had been only a couple of days away from splitting with Kallista when the shooting death happened, the court heard.

'I was so close to getting rid of her, a couple more days and that girl would be on a flight,' he said in the call played in court.

'Now I'm sitting in jail. If she (Kallista) doesn't go to jail I will literally lose my s*** when I get out.''

I still can’t believe that KM has barely received a slap on the wrist based on what we have seen so far in this case. The prosecution has to have something else of note surely.

I think the only reason she hasn't been charged with more is that being a junkie and terrible parent isn't necessarily a crime. It may be that the only charge they could reasonably bring forward was burglary for the stolen guns that were recovered shortly after the murder.

The judge even appeared to take pity on her for her part in that, handing down only a short suspended sentence.

I think the only reason she hasn't been charged with more is that being a junkie and terrible parent isn't necessarily a crime. It may be that the only charge they could reasonably bring forward was burglary for the stolen guns that were recovered shortly after the murder.

The judge even appeared to take pity on her for her part in that, handing down only a short suspended sentence.
Child neglect is a crime and there can be charges if it leads to injury/death, but if K left C in Stein’s care and wasn’t there at the time she wouldn’t be responsible for Charlise’s death. Even if she’d phoned police it wouldn’t have changed the fact that C was already deceased.
Still getting my head around going to bed when your daughter is missing though.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back