• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirms that brad continues to play injured players and runs them to the ground instead of having the balls to make the hard call

"we won't play injured players"
"Duty of care" give me a break! Lol
ordinarily i would prolly agree with you mate,
but as it stands there really are very few potential candidates either fit or in form. you can either play blokes that are carrying niggles , out of form, not ready or just not up to it. HoF pretty much stated what i feel a couple of posts ago, basically we have ran out of foot soldiers and the cavalry aint coming.
old-mother-hubbard-image.jpg

just make the most of the rest of the year and come back to the table next year with a fresher list.

Some folks must think we have a list of 80 players.

The reason a half fit Ziebell plays is because there is nobody better than a half fit Ziebell to take his place.

ordinarily i would prolly agree with you mate,
but as it stands there really are very few potential candidates either fit or in form. you can either play blokes that are carrying niggles , out of form, not ready or just not up to it. HoF pretty much stated what i feel a couple of posts ago, basically we have ran out of foot soldiers and the cavalry aint coming.
old-mother-hubbard-image.jpg

just make the most of the rest of the year and come back to the table next year with a fresher list.
Leading into the Richmond game our injury list was:
Sam Wright (ankle/foot) – 1-2 weeks
Oscar Junker (tibia) – 2-3 weeks
Ben McKay (hip/groin) – 2-3 weeks
Corey Wagner (ankle) – 3-5 weeks
Jy Simpkin (AC joint) – 4 weeks
Paul Ahern (knee) – season*

2 players from out best 22 on there. Think we could have afforded to rest JZ if he was injured. And considering we had the bye the next week it would have given him a good 2 week rest.

If he wasn't injured then, we then had games against Saints and Dogs.
Leading into Saints we lost Jmac and Jacobs back on the list. Hardly a plethora of our midfielders.

It wasn't until the GC game when Cunners was suspended that he was under real pressure to play. That week he was listed as "test" but got up with his unquestionable courage. I think if Cunners was available he wouldn't have played. Interestingly the week after we were prepared to "manage" Dumont but he was a late in. This is the game JZ shouldn't have played. We had Fordham, Clarke, Williams, Anderson and Durdin all playing for Werribee. Any of these guys could have come in for a game as our season was shot.

Hmmmm aren't we looking at the future or the big picture this year?

Do you honestly embrace the notion of AFL player development is to play 22 kids that get flogged by 30 goals each week?!

If playing kids before they are ready to go, has any benefit whatsoever, then it has to be the fact that they play with experienced players and learn from them.

Hmmm...The captain, who is as tough as they come and who has played through multiple injuries and form lapses, suddenly gets rested "to protect him from himself" with the team sitting 17th? Sorry, but to use lyrics from the late, great Glenn Frey in Beverly Hill Cop...

The tank is on
The tank is o-on
The tank is on
Yeah, in Round 18
The tank is *dum-dum-dum-dum* on!

Do you honestly embrace the notion of AFL player development is to play 22 kids that get flogged by 30 goals each week?!

If playing kids before they are ready to go, has any benefit whatsoever, then it has to be the fact that they play with experienced players and learn from them.

Of course not. We are talking about one player here not 22

Of course not. We are talking about one player here not 22

You believe our medical staff send him out knowing he is definitely going to aggravate his situation?

ALL clubs play semi injured players.

You believe our medical staff send him out knowing he is definitely going to aggravate his situation?

ALL clubs have players that can actually play semi-injured (Boak and Grey from Port to name a few) without negatively impacting the team

Zeebs isn't one of them IMO. Considering he had multiple injuries too

ALL clubs have players that can actually play semi-injured (Boak and Grey from Port to name a few) without negatively impacting the team

That was my mindset too, but after what Brad said today Ziebells injuries must be very bad.

Cleary as Brad said, he was wanting to make an impact in his first year as captain. The bloke is a warrior and some of the criticism he has copped on here has been shithouse. The last couple of weeks his injuries (OP and cracked ribs as of before the GC game) have impacted his performance to the point of his output not being of standard therefore the call has been made. Contrary to many beliefs on here, most players, especially Jack, just don't throw in the towel when things get a bit hard. In saying that, I think that it is now important that he is ready to go for day 1 of the pre-season, so if that means he has to go under the knife early, then so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because Jack has copped some unfair criticism and Scott want to let everyone know what he's been playing through

So he contradicts himself by playing injured players? Dumb for him and Jack

So he contradicts himself by playing injured players? Dumb for him and Jack

Every coach in the competition spruiks that same line of bullshit BE.

Every coach in the competition spruiks that same line of bullshit BE.

A lot of players have to play through injury. Of course Brad lies about injured players, all coaches do.

Enough with the plausible and rationale responses. I have my pitchfork and dammnabbit im going to use it.

Hmmm...The captain, who is as tough as they come and who has played through multiple injuries and form lapses, suddenly gets rested "to protect him from himself" with the team sitting 17th? Sorry, but to use lyrics from the late, great Glenn Frey in Beverly Hill Cop...

The tank is on
The tank is o-on
The tank is on
Yeah, in Round 18
The tank is *dum-dum-dum-dum* on!

Or according to Rod Stewart...

We are tanking
We are tanking
Bending over
Grab the Vas
We are tanking
Another spanking
Getting nearer
To second last

I knew how bad it was a few weeks ago when he was on his knees at every stoppage.

We need Ziebell at his best for the next 5 years- I hope that playing him over the past 2 months has not reduced the likelihood of that.

He'll never change. All he needs is for everyone else to stand up around him

Yep.

I've been an occasional training watcher the last 3-4 years and I don't remember ever seeing Jack train without a green go-easy vest. Managing niggles through the week so he can play his way on the weekend is BAU for him.

There's a boiling-the-frog aspect to this: at what point do the accumulated manageable injuries tip over to too much? Probably a couple of weeks ago, and Scott finally put his foot down. Fine.

And yet he's doing better in almost every statistical category than last year when we all couldn't wait for him to take over.

Yeah, can't play through injuries apart from every damn game.

(I will admit his actual impact on games is less than we hoped, and his scoreboard contributions in particular).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back