VFL Past #66: Kieran Strachan - Rookied by Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

r1494_449_2572_2009_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Height: 203 cm
Weight: 86 kg
DOB: 5/10/1995
Position: Ruck
Recruited from: South Bendigo

Strachan is a ruckman who is known for his mobility and ground level work. He was in the Bendigo FNL team of the year two years running.

Last edited:
Saw something in the big ranga wearing long sleeves today. Showed his mobility at ground level with a couple of nice contested marks and presented well when forward. Despite not kicking a goal when played up front today, he had an impact on the game with his work rate and ability to get across the ground and be a link up man for our onballers.

At 22, and a debut in the VFL, the pedigree to match it with the very best (team of the year in his local league), he is very much on my watch list to come in and be a Shaun McKernan replacement on our list as a player capable of playing perma forward whilst he showed an ability in the ruck with a fine leap allowing his 202cm frame to outpoint his opponent.

A player capable of covering 2 kp positions on our list is worth its weight in gold.

Got a mate that plays for Souths and was unhappy to hear how well he went. They are right in the finals race for the first time in years and he reckons they may not get him back for a while now..

Watching the replay again I can see why people like him. I still doubt he gets heaps of games though, Leuenberger will be back next week and he'll be the one to make way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of late goals today?

Missed the last quarter.

Better for his draft prospects. Will get a game there every week.
I like him Eth. I reckon he has a future. Maybe not anything better than VFL level but he is a handy player. I would have liked to see him get a better run with us but that is always going to be hard with Berger, Draper and Lavender I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back