Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t generally see trade situations like this, but I think it’s one of those where the club will genuinely keep him if it doesn’t get a good enough deal. And he’ll get on with it, at least for 12 months.

The question though, is holding him the best thing for us?
Even if we dont get absolute best value this year is it worth it when next year I don't think we are achieving the ultimate?
Why waste a year when we should be getting replacements in to start repairing that hole?

We need to get the key pieces in and we need them settled. As I don't think we are bringing in established AFL players to the club we need these draftees into the club asap.

The question though, is holding him the best thing for us?
Even if we dont get absolute best value this year is it worth it when next year I don't think we are achieving the ultimate?
Why waste a year when we should be getting replacements in to start repairing that hole?

We need to get the key pieces in and we need them settled. As I don't think we are bringing in established AFL players to the club we need these draftees into the club asap.

Depends. Plenty of similar situations where the player has turned around and stayed.

It’s hard to speculate.

He may be shot physically. He may not be.

We may be able to change his mind in the next 12 months. We may not be.

They may offer a great trade deal. They may not.

A lot of moving parts to this one.

I'd love to know the terms of his contract. Only then will we know how Sydney really rate him and therefore get a view as to what they're prepared to part with.
He will be given 5 years and a Bondi apartment with a skateboard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know the terms of his contract. Only then will we know how Sydney really rate him and therefore get a view as to what they're prepared to part with.
Make player salaries public

I reckon Sydney would've been in contact with Joe the whole time. Joe wouldn't be openly requesting a trade if they didn't commit to getting him there.
Agree with this. Same a Shiel last year he had to request the trade first, nominate a club, and then we were committed to satisfying GWS. We would've had to guarantee Shiel that we could satisfy GWS for him to commit to us in the first place. Harley would've already said to Joe, 'if you choose us, we will get you here'. GWS got overs for Shiel because we had essentially promised Shiel that we could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back