Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – Round 8 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Which has exactly nothing to do with what anyone's talking about except you.

Which is why I am mentioning it. Not going to ignore facts and run with a “club does everything right” narrative like some here.

Anyway jury is out until we see Leake, Caddy or Curtin tearing it up while Windsor is in the 2s.

Which is why I am mentioning it. Not going to ignore facts and run with a “club does everything right” narrative like some here.
You're basing your current melt off the drafting history of a guy who left 10 years ago. Let that soak in 🧽

You're basing your current melt off the drafting history of a guy who left 10 years ago. Let that soak in 🧽

History is the best source of data we should use to make future decisions, opposed to ignoring it.

We will have a huge hole of inside mids on our list soon not having drafted any for 8 years. As for wingmen, 9 in the last 6-7 years.

2017 - Baker
2019 - Langdon, Tomlinson
2020 - Rosman
2021 - Howes, Woewodin
2022 - Hunter
2023 - Billings, Windsor

Last edited:
History is the best source of data we should use to make future decisions, opposed to ignoring it.

We will have a huge hole of inside mids on our list soon not having drafted any for 8 years. As for wingmen, 9 in the last 6-7 years.

2017 - Baker
2020 - Rosman
2021 - Howes, Woewodin
2022 - Hunter
2023 - Billings, Windsor

Cant believe we spent a pick 6 on all of those guys previously, disgusting drafting. UNDENIABLE PROOF THAT WINSOR IS BOUND TO BE THE SAME AS ROSMAN AND BAKER

2017 - Baker
2020 - Rosman
2021 - Howes, Woewodin
2022 - Hunter
2023 - Billings, Windsor
Tomlinson is a KPD, Billings is a half-forward.

Not one of the players we actually drafted were higher than Pick 39.

But by all means, let's not draft players in a certain position ever again if we have a bunch of late picks that play their position – quantity means so much more than quality ✅

Also, surprised you wanted a key tall using that logic, Mich. Considering we already have JVR, Petty, Jefferson, Smith, Tomlinson, May, Lever, Gawn, Turner, Adams, Brown, McDonald, Verrall, Farris-White, Schache and Fullarton on the list.

Team of KPPs!!!!! What are you doing Lamb?!

Tomlinson is a KPD, Billings is a half-forward.

Not one of the players we actually drafted were higher than Pick 39.

But by all means, let's not draft players in a certain position ever again if we have a bunch of late picks that play their position – quantity means so much more than quality ✅

We recruited Tomo as a winger. Billings is a wingman. Guarantee you he will be lining up there in 2024 if Hunter/Langdon are out.

Billings is former pick 3, we also had chance to bring in Henry former pick 8 to play wing but strangely didn’t because we resigned Chandler, which makes no sense in itself. Unless the club also has ambitions for chandler to also play wing which wouldn’t surprise me.

I had him in my SuperCoach and saw him lining up out on the wing fairly often for the St Kilda (when fit).

Last edited:
2024 best 22

B: Wingman. May. Wingman.
HB: Wingman. Lever. Wingman.
C: Wingman. Sparrow. Wingman.
HF: Wingman. JVR. Petracca
F: Pickett. Fritsch. Wingman.
RR: Gawn, Viney, Laurie

Interchange: Wingman, Wingman, Rivers, Smith

Fraser Rosman.

star wars GIF

He still on our list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 - Baker
2020 - Rosman
2021 - Howes, Woewodin
2022 - Hunter
2023 - Billings, Windsor
2017 - Balic
2018 - Sparrow, Jordon
2019 - Dunkley, Rivers,
2022 - Dunstan

There's 6 for you without too much looking. Isn't that enough when we've already got Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw who still have plenty of years left?

2017 - Balic
2018 - Sparrow, Jordon
2019 - Dunkley, Rivers,
2022 - Dunstan

There's 6 for you without too much looking. Isn't that enough when we've already got Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw who still have plenty of years left?

None of which are depth now if Oliver or Brayshaw don’t get up after there concerns, Trac needs to play forward or Viney body starts to slow up.

Sparrow already is in the rotation and Goodwin has an obsession with keeping Rivers down back. Other 4 are gone.

Our next options would be Laurie, Spargo and ANB.

At this rate Casey will be relying on Tmac and Jefferson to play as rovers in the 2s.

None of which are depth now if Oliver or Brayshaw don’t get up after there concerns, Trac needs to play forward or Viney body starts to slow up.

Sparrow already is in the rotation and Goodwin has an obsession with keeping Rivers down back. Other 4 are gone.
So Viney slowing up (after a career-best year) is a concern, but Langdon and Hunter who have noticeably been declining for the last couple of years (Langdon moreso) and play positions that rely more on athleticism aren't? Not to mention you use Billings in this argument, who has played 11 games in two years due to injury.

So Viney slowing up (after a career-best year) is a concern, but Langdon and Hunter who have noticeably been declining for the last couple of years (Langdon moreso) and play positions that rely more on athleticism aren't? Not to mention you use Billings in this argument, who has played 11 games in two years due to injury.

Would rather Howes/Woewodin or a Chandler/Mcvee/Salem on the wing than I would a Spargo/Laurie or ANB in the guts.

Would rather Howes/Woewodin or a Chandler/Mcvee/Salem on the wing than I would a Spargo/Laurie or ANB in the guts.
You honestly think that if Oliver, Petracca and Viney went down simultaneously, we'd play Spargo, Laurie and ANB in the centre square? Not players like Brayshaw, Rivers, Sparrow, Pickett, Hunter or even Tholstrup?

It's a really strange argument – footballers tend to be capable of playing more than one position.

I love how every other pick in the top 10 was a Curnow, Bont, May and Dusty clone, and we picked up a McInerney clone 🤪

Wouldn't have minded this pick at 13, but it sounds like GWS were keen at 8. Hopefully he's more Lachie Whitfield than Jimmy Toumpas. Has pace and good by foot. So ticks a couple of well needed boxes. Hopefully pushing Lingers or Hunter out sometime in 2024. Howes a defensive winger, Windsor an attacking one maybe?
And Woewodin.?

And Oliver wasn't expected to be a high pick either, what's your point. GWS must have rated Curtin so high that they literally traded out to get away from him :)

Windsor was best player available. We went BPA, not needs. If we went needs we would've gone a key forward or key back.

How people can pretend that they know more than the full time recruiting team because they watch a few YouTube clips and look at a few mock drafts is beyond me. GWS would've taken Windsor after us. He was highly rated.
Speed is a major need of ours. Foot-speed. + disposal skills.

I am still worried we won't have tall cover for Maysie, in a couple of years.
His physical strong body is his weapon. Strength takes years to build.

Would we have a crack at Harris Andrews next year as a pre agent.?

Speed is a major need of ours. Foot-speed. + disposal skills.

I am still worried we won't have tall cover for Maysie, in a couple of years.
His physical strong body is his weapon. Strength takes years to build.

Would we have a crack at Harris Andrews next year as a pre agent.?
I agree. it's a big need. Not to mention with Petty likely to leave. Anyone from Adelaide that we can nab in exchange? Curtin? :)

Our next options would be Laurie, Spargo and ANB.

At this rate Casey will be relying on Tmac and Jefferson to play as rovers in the 2s.
I think your midfield concern is a fair call.
This can also be addressed at the trade table down the track, but easier said than done.

We definitely need pace though, so this Windsor kid is fit for that purpose. Not many of our players can kick well at full pace either so that's a plus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back