Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

FpxhB5daQAAoi1T
Lose roo lotto?

What a decision that ended up for him. “I wAnT 800 K pEr YeAr TimEs FiVe” * off mate, get the * out of here and take ya *in mrs with ya.

Most of that shit was due to his manager. Not Ben himself. He wanted to stay at North.

You can say what ya want about the situation but Ben is a top, kind-hearted fella. The world would be a better place if there were more like him.

Ben Brown looking for a new employer ?

With Melbourne done for the year, Brown is apparently a player Melbourne might put on the trade block for the final year of his 2024 contract apparently.

I'd welcome him back to North. Sure, he'd be a 1 to 2 year player for us at most, but this is his home and he'll help Larkey even more.

With Melbourne done for the year, Brown is apparently a player Melbourne might put on the trade block for the final year of his 2024 contract apparently.

I'd welcome him back to North. Sure, he'd be a 1 to 2 year player for us at most, but this is his home and he'll help Larkey even more.
Open to it but he isn’t getting a big pay day

My inclination is to say no, as bringing Ben back is a backward step for the development of our future forward line

I don’t like this idea at all. He’s cooked. I’d get him back as an AFLW assistant coach as I think he was really invested and did a great job while he was involved with that. He seems like a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my darkest moments I've considered this but in my darkest moments I've also considered Preuss too.

Fact is the guy is as shot as he was in the covid year with us. Even in the premiership year which was his best he had supreme service and still averaged less than two goals a game and he's been pretty much a VFL or casualty ward fixture since then. He's not going to improve on any of that at 31.

Let's just remember him fondly, as the guy we made socks out of (well, not literally).

He's cooked. We won't ever again see him anywhere near 2019-Brown. Love the bloke and all but he's just not the same forward we once had.

If he's struggling with a team that finished top four three years in a row then his deficiencies will be further exposed with us.

People were screaming blue murder at Rawlings for letting BB go, but events have proven it was the right call. Imagine having two years still to go on big money.

The point Rawlings made at the time - we got what we could when there was only one bidder - is currently being confirmed in spades with the auction that McKay's manager is orchestrating. If we got unders for BB then it's the reverse with McKay. Things have a habit of evening out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back