Remove this Banner Ad

when you gotta go, you gotta go.

and when you dont, 3 weeks in a row, you go to Bendigo.
I said that last week and and every said i was i ________. Stanton is a long way off this year somthing wrong with him. As for number 5 why why why 5 looks shit on the field this year. Sorry Stanton you gotta go

Yer,lets drop him back to Bendigo! That'll fix him:rolleyes:

Seriously,we have invested a lot of time and effort into this 'kid' and dropping him after only rd 3 would be ridiculous.

Don't you think he would be going over his tapes and seeing for himself what he has to do more? Don't you think the pressure to perform is already burning inside him atm?

He doesn't need to play for Bendigo to be reminded of the fact that many,many Essendon people are expecting him to play well every week.

He's a pro now. Treat him like one. Watch for a big comeback from him against the Doggies.

Seriously,we have invested a lot of time and effort into this 'kid' and dropping him after only rd 3 would be ridiculous.

Don't you think he would be going over his tapes and seeing for himself what he has to do more? Don't you think the pressure to perform is already burning inside him atm?

He doesn't need to play for Bendigo to be reminded of the fact that many,many Essendon people are expecting him to play well every week.

He's a pro now. Treat him like one. Watch for a big comeback from him against the Doggies.
Mate i'm saying he is no good i think that theres somthing wrong with him body wise. Stanaton is my fav player i hate nothing more then him to ____ up

Right now Stanton's not in great form, but its probably worth keeping him in the senior side, if he comes good he's right up with the elite players in the game and can break games open.

Obviously if we've got other midfielders pushing for a spot - or Knights thinks he needs to get confidence back in the VFL - we could move him out, but there's almost always other players injured or underperforming.

I admit I get a bit crushed watching him with the 5 guernsey and playing this mediocre game - but if he were to play like he did most of last year, he'd deserve it.

Three weeks in a row he has side stepped a body on body contest. How many more weeks do you let it go on before you have to make an example of it ?
Its not about playing well. It is about putting your body on the line for the team when it is your turn. Some of his efforts this year have simply not been good enough.

Three weeks in a row he has side stepped a body on body contest. How many more weeks do you let it go on before you have to make an example of it ?Its not about playing well.

It is about putting your body on the line for the team when it is your turn. Some of his efforts this year have simply not been good enough.[/QUOTE]

You sound exactly like me when I get stuck into Dyson's hard-at-the-ball efforts..and yet you defend Ricky to the ends of the earth and tell me Dyson will get better!

I know what you mean about Stantons unwillingness to lay heavy body contact,but all I'm saying in this thread is that he's form is far from being bad enough to be dropped.

Stanton is turning into a Greg Anderson type player. Outside receiver.

Remember the song? "I create the space...now I'm a receiver...":D

This is just a little hurdle in his career, is getting more attention from the opposition and needs to work harder and get to more contests. Still is 21 so for a young player, he has promised so much.
Im confident he will come good

Three weeks in a row he has side stepped a body on body contest. How many more weeks do you let it go on before you have to make an example of it ?Its not about playing well.

It is about putting your body on the line for the team when it is your turn. Some of his efforts this year have simply not been good enough.[/QUOTE]

You sound exactly like me when I get stuck into Dyson's hard-at-the-ball efforts..and yet you defend Ricky to the ends of the earth and tell me Dyson will get better!

I know what you mean about Stantons unwillingness to lay heavy body contact,but all I'm saying in this thread is that he's form is far from being bad enough to be dropped.

Stanton is turning into a Greg Anderson type player. Outside receiver.

Remember the song? "I create the space...now I'm a receiver...":D

Get your facts right. I have never defended Dyson to the end of the earth. All i have said about this year has been he has improved in some of the efforts so far this year. I am on record as saying he still has a lot to work on. I am not on record anywhere saying that Dyson will get better.

Getting back to Stanton i still pose the question. How long can you leave a player in the side who squibs a contest each week ? You can be the reciever every week. Im fine with that but there are times in the game where you simply have to take the contact if it is coming your way.
What he did last night by stepping out of Fevola's way was simply not acceptable. How can the side become a respected force if certain players won't put their body on the line for the jumper and their team mates.

What he did last night by stepping out of Fevola's way was simply not acceptable. How can the side become a respected force if certain players won't put their body on the line for the jumper and their team mates.

Exactly. I liken it to failing to show up for a training session - it is a mental approach that he is simply refusing to put his body on the line for the team when it is his turn.

He let the others down. Nothing to do with ability (I can go on with that one, IMO he is simply JUST in our best 22, the game has changed, his types are turning into a liability, if they arent already) but his approach to the team situation.

Simply put, he is embarassing out there.

Not acceptable for a club like ours, IMO.

If a dropping cant change his attitude, trade him while he has some value (we can probably get a first rounder for him, well, perhaps last trade period).

Footy today is no weak links, much more so than ever before.

to the guys bagging brent you are entitled to your opinion but i just hope you werent one of the people who agreed he should take over the number 5 guernsey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stanton is an outside midfielder who runs hard all game. he reminds me of a young robert harvey - i don't like the fact he doesn't go for many (if any) hard balls but he is valuable to our side and will not be dropped.

like it or not these guys are the afl prototype.

He's playing with no confidence. Give him some time to sort it out. If he has 6-7 bad games in a row then we might have to drop him so he can get some confidence.

He's playing with no confidence. Give him some time to sort it out. If he has 6-7 bad games in a row then we might have to drop him so he can get some confidence.
Watching the replay earlier, i thought he lifted his work-rate and tackling in the last quarter and he started to get into the game. I'm not sure if he's that useful starting in the centre because he really doesn't attack the ball. He started on the wing a hell of a lot last night and he also spent time up forward and down back. Just hope he can hit his top form sooner rather than later

Can't you people understand?????

It's not about his ability, or his stats or the number 5 or anything like that...

It's the fact that for three consecutive weeks of elite football he has not respected his other teammates by avoiding doing the team things. For those of you out there saying that being an outside receiver is team instructions, fair enough, but surely Knights doesn;t tell him to purposely avoid a vital contest where he had to go, surely????

And for that muppet who said he was playing like Robert Harvey, have a look at the tapes mate, when Harvey had to put hisbody on he line he did, that's the difference.

Although Monfries didn't have a lot of it, every contest that he went to he made something happen with courage.

just wish that we could infuse Stanton's running and ball-getting ability with Angus' courage and skills

Not sure if he should be dropped, but I have been suprised at just how bad his kicking has been lately, overall it's probably been the worst, so something definately needs to be done about that.

Not impressed with his lack of attack on the ball either, one of things i hate the most and Knighta needs to have a talk to him about it because it's effecting the team and it's giving me the sh*ts.

Can't you people understand?????

It's not about his ability, or his stats or the number 5 or anything like that...

It's the fact that for three consecutive weeks of elite football he has not respected his other teammates by avoiding doing the team things. For those of you out there saying that being an outside receiver is team instructions, fair enough, but surely Knights doesn;t tell him to purposely avoid a vital contest where he had to go, surely????

And for that muppet who said he was playing like Robert Harvey, have a look at the tapes mate, when Harvey had to put hisbody on he line he did, that's the difference.

Although Monfries didn't have a lot of it, every contest that he went to he made something happen with courage.

just wish that we could infuse Stanton's running and ball-getting ability with Angus' courage and skills

yeh i agree with that, he really needs to start being a more physical player imo.. i dont think you will be able to consistently shake tags with the level of physicality stanton has in his game... his kicking etc is just a confidence issue imo, he should get that back but to really take his game to a new level he needs to be more physical then he has been so far in his career

Some efforts weren't good enough.

Can't afford to be dropped as there are others in the side who traveling just as poorly and everyone else is injured.

I thought he showed some good running signs last night and looked to be getting back to what he's good at. He was one of the catalysts in the last quarter.

Some efforts weren't good enough.

Can't afford to be dropped as there are others in the side who traveling just as poorly and everyone else is injured.

I thought he showed some good running signs last night and looked to be getting back to what he's good at. He was one of the catalysts in the last quarter.
Who has ever argued about running as a negative:confused:

the main concern has been his unwillingness to do the team thing and go when he needs to go.

don't spin the issues:thumbsdown:

I see Stanton run alot, but he doesn't run hard when it counts.

For him its just rack up the touches and be the man behind play. I've never seen him actually get down on his knee's and try to attack the ball, and have never seen him attack his opponent when they have possession of the ball.

Thats why Monfries is more deservent of that number 5, but he has his own number that he's gonna make famous by himself. I see Angus as a really good in and under player that won't even flinch when it comes to getting down and dirty, but thats just my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Who has ever argued about running as a negative:confused:

the main concern has been his unwillingness to do the team thing and go when he needs to go.

don't spin the issues:thumbsdown:

Like I said those efforts weren't good enough.

He's a senior player now and we need him on the park. You would only look at dropping him if he keeps up the poor performances for another 3 rounds.

Sometimes you have to live with a players flaws and try and find a way to get around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back