Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Mick McGuane (Taylor’s old coach) coming down to North training and commenting on our standards has lit a fuse for Taylor. I remember Mick once said something along the lines he was the hardest underage footballer he had ever seen. I know I’d be embarrassed if my former coach came to watch me and I’d let my football standards slip so far.
That would be quite sad if that's the case.

His best 10 games at NM were his first 10.
He was never the same player after that concussion vs Ess when he landed heavily after a big leap.

Had a real bag of tricks when he arrived at Arden St. Not so anymore. Unfortunately.
Doesn’t help when he has 6-7 teammates competing for his position.
Drafting Duursma almost signals the end for CT at NMFC.

His best 10 games at NM were his first 10.
He was never the same player after that concussion vs Ess when he landed heavily after a big leap.

Had a real bag of tricks when he arrived at Arden St. Not so anymore. Unfortunately.
Doesn’t help when he has 6-7 teammates competing for his position.
Drafting Duursma almost signals the end for CT at NMFC.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Mason Wood.

Play him as a tagger if anything.

campaigner runs around all day doing not much might as well blanket the opposition prime mover.
I can see him now, shoving Cripps aside at stoppages, scragging Dustin Martin, pushing JHFF over at contests.

In his first few games he showed some real class and I thought we found a player. But this has been nowhere to be seen over the last few seasons. Not sure how to get him back to his best, but he definitely does have some talent

Contract year and getting touches in the VFL as a 24 year old with 5+ years in the system? Oh by gosh JR that’s Brady Rawlings contract extension music!!

Never again, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In his first few games he showed some real class and I thought we found a player. But this has been nowhere to be seen over the last few seasons. Not sure how to get him back to his best, but he definitely does have some talent
Seems to be a high half-forward that they tried to turn into a winger, which is strange because we already did that to Mason wood and then got rid of him. I think he would be better for the team playing as a forward. He has a leap and can kick goals if he plays closer to goal. We tried to turn him into a tagger (NFI why). He would be an upgrade on 2024 Slevo.

I can see him now, shoving Cripps aside at stoppages, scragging Dustin Martin, pushing JHFF over at contests.
He actually did a good job on Merrett.
But Merrett is his size limit lol

He actually did a good job on Merrett.
But Merrett is his size limit lol
Curtis Taylor 1 on 1 Session - X. clarke #090524

AFL players I can tag and physically compete with:

Bailey Scott
Jaiden Stephenson
Phoenix Spicer

He's got quite a range actually.

It’s desperado, skid row time unfortunately. Bring him in for that fraud Stephenson. It’s been a while since he’s played and have somewhat forgotten how ineffective and hopeless he is.

Seems like the obvious thing to do. At the very least, we surely have to omit Stephenson after his game last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back