Past #44: Cruize Garlett - delisted at end of 2012 season after rejecting 1yr contract extension from NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrespective of what might have happened had he accepted a one year extension, I do not understand the thinking of these players who are offered one year and want more than that. Had he taken it up who is say what might have transpired. We might this coming year have as bad a year injury wise as we had a good one this year and he might have got a good run at it.

If nothing else at the end of next year, if he was still in the system, there might be a chance of a trade elsewhere.

If it has been good enough for Boomer to sign 5 (or is it now 6) one year extensions in a row then surely it would have been good enough for Cruize.

If he made this decision on his own, then he was a very silly boy. If his manager advised him to do it then he should flick the manager.

It depends what your goal is, though. If you're chasing the dream of playing AFL, then you need to take every chance and you'd want to be sure you have an alternative before you risk dropping yourself off the radar. But if you just want to play footy professionally at some level, and balance that against being around family, especially with kids, then you have a lot more options. Lots of us make employment choices to give up status/income to better enjoy life's other priorities, it's perfectly legitimate. Plus, at his age, he could yet get rediscovered if he tore it up in the WAFL or another competition - it happens.

I swear I saw Cruize on the news the other night training with Essendon.
I saw that segment, it was Dayle Garlett that was training with Essendon not Cruize.

What a pathetic end to an AFL career, turning his back on the only club that deemed him as an AFL player. Glad he won't be on our list next season.

Dayle Garlett maybe?
I saw that segment, it was Dayle Garlett that was training with Essendon not Cruize.
Ahh ok thanks. They look pretty similar do they? I thought, oh well he's off to the bombers but he's finished.
What a pathetic end to an AFL career, turning his back on the only club that deemed him as an AFL player. Glad he won't be on our list next season.
It is a rather silly end to an AFL career. We've stuck by him for the last few years, but I would rather either Matt Campbell or Cruize Garlett both on our list, but to have them both gone is just ridiculous. They were both great as a sub, and we really cannot afford to have Kieran Harper as a sub because we need him on the field for the whole game.

Not sure why the negativity in previous posts towards Cruize. He probably saw the writing on the wall, that he'd be playing VFL footy next year, and would rather play in the WAFL and live closer to his family. There is life beyond the football field.

Edit: Not that it matters but Cruize was one of the players that contributed to the Box On campaign to reduce the club's debt.

Not sure why the negativity in previous posts towards Cruize. He probably saw the writing on the wall, that he'd be playing VFL footy next year, and would rather play in the WAFL and live closer to his family. There is life beyond the football field.

Edit: Not that it matters but Cruize was one of the players that contributed to the Box On campaign to reduce the club's debt.

Didn't all players pledge?

Pissweak. He played 7 games in a year where we had **** all injuries. He also played a few high quality games. Given how everyone was raving about his 2012 preseason before injury, it would've been worth having another crack. Less talented and athletic players than Cruize have carved out good careers.

i personally wish cruize all the best,have met him at the family day and is a very nice guy,football wise,maybe he was limited a little in ability at the top level,but i dont hold that against him,has done his job more than once when given a crack in the ones,but not everyone is a daniel wells,also he likes fishing which is not bad thing,
good luck cruize :thumbsu:

Pissweak. He played 7 games in a year where we had **** all injuries. He also played a few high quality games. Given how everyone was raving about his 2012 preseason before injury, it would've been worth having another crack. Less talented and athletic players than Cruize have carved out good careers.

This? More talented than CG I would estimate? Ex Roo as well.

Your turn now, name names Daz
17s_tliberatore,0.jpg

''Peel have won the race to sign former North Melbourne midfielder Cruize Garlett..........
Thunder football manager Brad Bootsma said Garlett's decision to play with Peel revolved around work opportunities, his family living in Mandurah and the chance to play with mates.
He had also been courted by Perth, where he played in the WAFL before being drafted by the Kangaroos......
Recruiting Garlett had helped ease the disappointment of missing out on snaring forward Kyle Reimers........''

That's the right level for Cruize. Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruize was silly to turn down a 1 year contract.Who knows could have done well in 2013 and would have got another contract.Good luck at Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back