Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a good game by Zurhaar. But pretty much all our forwards didn’t have a good game. Zurhaar had 10 touches. Larkey 13. Curtis 11. Taylor 10. Pink 7. Duursma 4. Ford 5 but was the sub. Stephenson the best of the bunch with 16. Actually thought Stevo was OK. Not one forward kicked multiple goals. However only Curtis didn’t kick a goal from those mentioned above. 2 tackles inside 50. Forward Line is a mess. Delivery into the Forward Line is a mess. In isolation they all appear to have talent but combined it just doesn’t work. Too many general forwards. No classy small forwards that can pressure and keep the ball in. We all know who to blame for that. :stern look

just watched the replay of zurhaars hospital handball to wardlaw in the last quarter (11:05 mins to go if anyone wanted to watch it). it’s even worse on replay, should of let pink go back and kick it. called for the ball back with 3 * defenders around him. saw the oncoming pressure and didn’t want a bar of any physicality soo dished it off to wardlaw who was in a worse spot then he was. i’ve been off zurhaar since early 2021 and this single play just solidified his attitude, ability and football IQ in one play.

Last edited:
Zurhaar has an option to either get his head of his arse and stop believing his a superstar and just plod along knowing he won’t be dropped or just tell the players coaches and coaches his going and stop treating to the supporters as idiots.
Then with that he can rot in the VFL for the rest of the year and to the supporters that say his required so we get a better deal at Draft your kidding yourselfs.
Then if any club are stupid enough to offer him anything over $500k per year for this fake let them take him as for compensation for the NMFC we be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.

Cam needs to stop trying to break tackles, he's yet to break a single tackle this year.
He needs to work on a don't argue or run around move.
Second Cam desperately need to stop going to ground, every time he's in the play he ends up lying on his stomach.
All this highlights his complete lack of second efforts.
Cam has been drinking his own bathwater for far too long, there is no way in hell we should be giving him 5 years, I wouldn't offer more than two and make it performance based.

I will judge Cam when we move off the foot of the ladder for fwd fifty entries and when we have a CHF.

It’s a fools errand currently being part of our fwd line.
Camz might be retired by the time we get a second kpf

If he hasn’t signed a 5 year contract in front of him and he’s playing like he is checked out then he’s goneski

He will go to a team that actually wins games and watch him play with that “bull” style play that he had. He will flourish imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will judge Cam when we move off the foot of the ladder for fwd fifty entries and when we have a CHF.

It’s a fools errand currently being part of our fwd line.
It’s players like Cam who are the reason we are at the foot of the leader. He applies limited to no defensive pressure and burns team mates contributing to the fact we don’t lock the ball in our fwd 50 and get repeat entries.

It’s players like Cam who are the reason we are at the foot of the leader. He applies limited to no defensive pressure and burns team mates contributing to the fact we don’t lock the ball in our fwd 50 and get repeat entries.
Almost like he’s trying not to get injured

If he hasn’t signed a 5 year contract in front of him and he’s playing like he is checked out then he’s goneski

He will go to a team that actually wins games and watch him play with that “bull” style play that he had. He will flourish imo
does said 'bull style' involve running after the player who beat you on a 1v1?
bc if it doesn't then he can go and "flourish" all he wants

Realistically what do people think we’ll get for Cam if he leaves.

Thinking on current form will be lucky to get an end of first rounder.

It feels like he's trying to make magic happen, but ignoring the fundamentals. We're not in a position for him to kick arsey goals or take screamers, we need him to be a team player.

Realistically what do people think we’ll get for Cam if he leaves.

Thinking on current form will be lucky to get an end of first rounder.

I think end of R1, or after our R2 selection which obviously isn't much different. Not sure if end R1 is before or after the compo picks we traded out.

I hope it’s with us that he’s getting the forward entries.
If it isn't, who cares. We'll train the next one to do the same thing. I don't have a lot of time for people who do that, it often says a bit about their character. If he, or anybody chooses to leave, good luck.

If it isn't, who cares. We'll train the next one to do the same thing. I don't have a lot of time for people who do that, it often says a bit about their character. If he, or anybody chooses to leave, good luck.
Yeh blokes with shit character never play in premierships.

Cam needs to stop trying to break tackles, he's yet to break a single tackle this year.
He needs to work on a don't argue or run around move.
Second Cam desperately need to stop going to ground, every time he's in the play he ends up lying on his stomach.
All this highlights his complete lack of second efforts.
Cam has been drinking his own bathwater for far too long, there is no way in hell we should be giving him 5 years, I wouldn't offer more than two and make it performance based.
The 5 year contract offer could be a mastermind move because he's a restricted free agent and any potential suitor clearly has to put up a considerably better offer than what's on the table to be sure that we won't match it, as is our right. That would then put us in a good position for compensation.

Of course, I could be falling for the same trap that Monty Burns did when he overestimated Homer Simpson as a brilliant union negotiator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back