Past 43. Will Setterfield - Traded to Essendon*

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres has taken his position and is on less coin than Setters was on/being offered by Bombers.
He was out of contract, turned down a one year offer from us on base + bonus, not seen as best 25, we knew he shouldn’t be a wing, but also couldn’t fit him in as an inside mid.
He had every right and ability to leave for nothing, we gave up a pick we aren’t going to use for a future asset that we still might not use, but at least we have 12 months to decide.

Good luck to Will! Can be a decent inside mid at another club, but we couldn’t afford to have him as a back up to our back ups, and it was stalling his own career as well.

Had high hopes for him when he came over from GWS. Looked like the type where he could create his time and space through his natural play, but I don’t think he showcased it all that much. We offered him what he’s worth going off Forty3s post, and happy we didn’t just cave to keep him. It’s fair he’s moved on to further his career and didn’t want to be a depth/back up option. Cerra and Hewett arrivals sealed his fate as an inside mid tbh. He will be a decent option for them if he keeps his 2022 form, but I’ve found his work rate and effort to be questionable for the most part otherwise. Good luck to him, just not when it’s against us!

Disappointing outcome for us, but at least he won't get played on the wing any more. Finally, Essendon have brought in some inside midfield presence.

Can play, and will put on a bit of strength just from getting to play in the thick of it again. Should be an interesting test case for our club philosophy when it comes to adherence to injury management and training standards.

Funny how excited we all were when Will came over to us. Reading some of these posts just shows we don’t always get it right.

He’s been a disappointment for sure. Oh, well.

Next.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep. One of the reasons I prefer to not make comment about players until I've seen them play now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree.....has the ability,just didnt use it
will he come to life at Essendon tho?
I think he'll end up being more than serviceable for them, but does depend on Scott's gameplan as well. Fast, aggressive movement won't suit him as he's tended to be more a stop think type in our sides. If they go more of a controlled, chip chip style it would be better for him around the ground. In the guts without the leadership of Cripps and other decent in the thick of it mids to further support him it'll be interesting to see how his body holds up. Has he physically been made lighter than he prob should be because we've/he's been afraid it might impact his longevity?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back