Past #41: Gordon Narrier - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Flash

Remove this Banner Ad

Gordon Narrier = Snake

Boomer = Snake Faker

Gordon Narrier = The Jump Jet

O4PJMaRKztobkInP-qvjjTPAbqSg4-Wg2ThlyjyChCL0MibMgMwrvzdjY0fHKR5nz13HwGZO5g=w320-h180-nc

Been told he has settled into Melbourne and the club really well.

Work ethic and work on the track has been faultless so far. Already having huge improvements in his running capacity + weights in the gym.

Looking forward to seeing how he progresses this year. Runs and kicks the footy like Andrew Lovett.

He should probably stop emulating him at that point though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m interested in your thoughts here Snake_Baker on Narrier. Have a mate who watches a fair bit of the VFL and he reckons Gordon is even more outside than outside. What do you think so far?
His skills look ridic, but will he go and get the ball.

The burst of speed is obvious, as are the tricks, but I have to admit he looked a little lackadaisical in the practice matches. However, he definitely upped his work rate and competed in the game I saw v Carlton.

How will he end up? Who knows? These mercurial type blokes tend to get the flair knocked out of them by the time they reach AFL status.

I'm bullish on his talent, but not so much on what they will do with him.

Too much excitement around this kid.
Very fumbly and looks lazy.
Maybe once his tank builds and gets a bit of mongrel in his game I might get excited.

Right now he reminds me of a poor mans McAdam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta be happy with him standing in the hole in the first half when he got cleaned up. We got a goal from it too.
He looks a little tentative at the contest and man in general, but he is tracking along nicely.
Don’t think he will debut any time soon though, but liking what I’m seeing.

Maybe once his tank builds and gets a bit of mongrel in his game I might get excited.

There's a bit of truth in this, but on occasion he did provide very good multiple efforts.

I make note of this stuff with the 1st year kids, but we still have to remember they aren't truly fit yet.

Yes, you’re right. Heaps of tricks, but too much flash and not enough grunt in Gordon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back