Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to New York in Feb.

Better be there mate, look forward to my gluten free, dairy free, vegan friendly, god hating, de constructed coffee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finishes as (I think) the most revered figure in Essendon history, and more importantly, with a massive smile on his dial.

Go well Jobe, you deserve at least a 10 year break from Melbourne

Finishes as (I think) the most revered figure in Essendon history, and more importantly, with a massive smile on his dial.

I don't know about revered. Definitely respected, or I'm not sure what the word for it is - but the player that we probably have felt more sympathy and appreciation for than any other.

Appreciated. Thank heck he was our skipper through the dark times.

All the best Jobe-Wan-Kenobi.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

not sure about that. Hird & Sheedy retiring together was a bit bigger of a deal.

That doesn't make them more revered though.

might just be me but Hird was defiantly more "revered" than Jobe.

Not taking anything away from Jobe but I defiantly remember it being a bigger deal for the club when Hird retired to that of Jobe.

There are few people that could have survived the pressure of the last 4 years with such grace.

Let alone as captain of the club

Let alone as the self appointed conducting point of media speculation and opposition fan abuse.

Let alone go through the personal travesty of losing a brownlow.

You are a special breed of man Jobe. We were lucky to have you, all the best for the rest of your endeavours, and i hope (for your sake and out of care) that we dont hear from you in the media while in NYC. You deserve the anonymity and the break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back