#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the VFL game Friday Night, Harmes didn't really stand out at all. Was just a there and doing his job mid. That said not a whole heap stood out to me

Go Away GIF

Bevo must have taken a leaf out of Goodwin's book and told Harmes an almighty furphy cause there is no way I see Harmes getting a regular game in the Dogs midfield.

Hope he proves me wrong, wish him all the best. Will always have the kick that turned the Grand Final.

Last edited:
See ya Harmesy. Bit tragic to lose him - I've had a couple of boozy chats with him over the years and he truly loves the club, particularly during Goodwin's early years he was a big part of us turning it around. I'm glad he got himself a flag.

Great clubman who played a big part in our rebuild and eventual flags. Bit sad to lose him as he's a lifelong Melbourne man, but reckon he could still play some good footy if he's given a defined role.

All the best, Nut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a very good 4-5 year period between 2017 - 2021, then seemed to just lose a bit of something in the past couple of years, hopefully a fresh start and he can get back to some of his best for the bulldogs

Was probably marked for the scrapheap ever since he helped turn the GF with that lovely kick to Fritsch.

Goody hated him ever since for that kick to space.

The real reason the granny turned not Viney who ****ed up a clearance and got credit

Sad. Peak Harmsey was wonderful, one of my favourites.
Was a weapon as a tagger, one we didn't seem to utilise when we needed it in recent times.
Anyway.

See you campaigner, have fun hanging out with that plodder Mitch Hannan and that Baker shithead.

Can never doubt Harmesy effort to give his all every week

Bloke lived the dream, played 150+ games for the club he grew up supporting, came in at a s**t time for the club as a rookie and helped build the culture and win them a grand final.

Wish him all the best

Last edited:
Sad. Peak Harmsey was wonderful, one of my favourites.
Was a weapon as a tagger, one we didn't seem to utilise when we needed it in recent times.
Anyway.

See you campaigner, have fun hanging out with that plodder Mitch Hannan and that Baker shithead.
Hannan was delisted about a month ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back