Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I like to know what impact his injuries have had on his psyche. Avoiding contact it seems perhaps a symbol of this.
I feel he wants to get to 300 and pack it in.

And he can take JGTI with him as he’s a plodder of the highest order.
Dusty this year has been a dramatic drop in form.. he must be playing with injury, but time to go anyhow.

Prestia, Grimes retire.

trade Baker, JGTI,

A good start at a rebuild there.

I don't think Dusty has quite got over the calf issue that caused him to miss games. The problem doesn't seem to be an injury that can keep him out of the side, but it does impact his power and lower body strength that is a big part of his ability to brush off tackles as well as burst away from contests.

At the same time I believe Yze is trying to reduce our dependence on Martin as the midfield game changer and wants to see the younger players step up and lead the way, which means he spends a lot of time in the forward half being an option in what is a poorly structured forward line due to injuries.

I don't think Dusty has quite got over the calf issue that caused him to miss games. The problem doesn't seem to be an injury that can keep him out of the side, but it does impact his power and lower body strength that is a big part of his ability to brush off tackles as well as burst away from contests.

At the same time I believe Yze is trying to reduce our dependence on Martin as the midfield game changer and wants to see the younger players step up and lead the way, which means he spends a lot of time in the forward half being an option in what is a poorly structured forward line due to injuries.
when was the last time Martin was a midfield game changer?!

no need to invoke some mystery injury, much more likely that Dusty checked out a while ago.

see the likes of Pendlebury mentioned above, but Pendles is one in a million, has a hunger for relentless success/excellence that just isn't there in most.

when was the last time Martin was a midfield game changer?!

no need to invoke some mystery injury, much more likely that Dusty checked out a while ago.

see the likes of Pendlebury mentioned above, but Pendles is one in a million, has a hunger for relentless success/excellence that just isn't there in most.
Granted it's been a while, but he has been the one that we'd turn to when we needed a lift in the middle and now it's just not happening. I'm not invoking any mystery injury, it's well known that Martin has been battling a niggle in his calf and I believe that it's impacting his power meaning that we don't see him explode away from stoppages/contests like we used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted it's been a while, but he has been the one that we'd turn to when we needed a lift in the middle and now it's just not happening. I'm not invoking any mystery injury, it's well known that Martin has been battling a niggle in his calf and I believe that it's impacting his power meaning that we don't see him explode away from stoppages/contests like we used to.
Moving like he did in the 2018 prelim..

Need to find a way to keep him motivated, maybe throw in cash bonuses if his second half stats are better then his first half stats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back