Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

He can play, let’s just keep him fit. Ruck sorted. Move onto the million actual problems we have with our list. X isn’t one of them.
I actually dont think we have as many problems as some think. The glaring issue personal wise is another key forward of course. The rest is mostly getting players back and growth from our younger players.

I actually dont think we have as many problems as some think. The glaring issue personal wise is another key forward of course. The rest is mostly getting players back and growth from our younger players.
Fingers crossed!!

Mate, this is one week you might want to pipe-down on the Xerri-hate. The guy monstered Goldie and was a wrecking ball inside. Was the first game all year where he and LDU had a synergy.
‘Mate’ I don’t hate anyone.

Just offering an opinion. If you think he does enough around the ground then you do you.

“I knew, in reality, I wasn’t going to be playing AFL football if I stayed at North Melbourne this year, and I didn’t want to hope for an incident like what happened in round one last year, when Tristan [Xerri] went down,” he said.

“I’ve got too much love and respect for Tristan, and he’s like a little brother, so I think, for me, that wasn’t an option. Knowing and understanding that’s where the footy club was headed made my decision a lot easier.

“You’re a long time retired and I knew I had a lot of good footy left in me at AFL level. I knew I had a lot to offer at a footy club that wanted to use my services ... and I was thankful that Brad [Scott] and Adrian [Dodoro] picked up the phone and gave me the call – and the rest is history.”

Cant Hear You Get Loud GIF by Atlanta Hawks

“I knew, in reality, I wasn’t going to be playing AFL football if I stayed at North Melbourne this year, and I didn’t want to hope for an incident like what happened in round one last year, when Tristan [Xerri] went down,” he said.

“I’ve got too much love and respect for Tristan, and he’s like a little brother, so I think, for me, that wasn’t an option. Knowing and understanding that’s where the footy club was headed made my decision a lot easier.

“You’re a long time retired and I knew I had a lot of good footy left in me at AFL level. I knew I had a lot to offer at a footy club that wanted to use my services ... and I was thankful that Brad [Scott] and Adrian [Dodoro] picked up the phone and gave me the call – and the rest is history.”
Wanna talk about the snipe hit on one of our players, Goldy?

I’ll give the man his flowers and then some

Goldstein has always struggled against physical rucks and X dined out. As he should.
Nothing from me, he simply finger f***ed Goldi all day and that’s the standard now.

Solid hit outs too. He’s capable.

Now build from this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from vanquishing his former master with ease and working well with the midfield, I liked seeing some marks around the ground and a goal from him. He needs to make that a staple of his game.

When I remember that I thought he was an absolute spud last year and was dreading losing Goldy, I feel like the sky's the limit for big X right now. What a fantastic year he's having.

Continues to build. If he can continue to develop from this base over the next 2-3 years someone will have to drag the role from his hands. Could be a good win because a more mobile ruck sized option forward could be the perfect foil for Larkey if we can put a small next to them.

He also punched them to space. Xerri and the mids seemed to be on the same page
I think some of us forget that he’s not the finished product. Not to mention the time it takes to build synergy with the mids.

Completely destroyed Goldy. Didn't like Goldy getting a cheap shot on one of our players though.
Yeah I noticed that. On Taylor. He didn't need to do it. Was pretty dog, and he's gone out of his way to be a dog since being at that dog of a club. My God the people that support them. Has some aspiring comedians behind me that I had to give a pretty stern look to. Will enjoy them missing finals/losing another elim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back