Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the one moment where he got caught up in making an error, that non contest at HB when he put his head in his hands. Outside that it was a horrible night for any of our forwards to really stamp themselves on the game. What I did like to see though was the defensive intent, a couple of times his pressure at the contest either caused a stoppage or even caused a change of possession. That is something I wanted to see from Noah heading into the game and I'm glad he did it. Should remain in the side the next couple of weeks hopefully and get more of an opportunity to put forward his case.

You mean his last season when he played the whole year as a half forward, not one quarter off half back where he belonged. Yup, silver service.

LOL we didn't need him down back. Stack is a spoilt brat. Acted like it. Played like it. Social media like it.

Opportunities in AFL are what you make of them. The club didn't need Half Backs - it needed Forwards & a new strategy around that. The played him where he could get a game. I'd much rather Baker, Short, Broad, Astbury, Grimes, Balta, Vlaustin, HouliSurely even Syd Stack didn't think a spot in the side should be made for him to a T VS fighting for a spot where he is needed, surely. He was not ever really in our best 18 as a back unless injuries etc

Just keep playing him.
Campbell has had 9 games and probably lucky to play that many- cumbo deserves at least that much of a chance.

yep. The only time Cumbo was given a chance he played great, then got dropped because Dimmer smoked too many bongs in the preseason. he hasn't even had a chance since then

not really, id say he got the hard end of the stick and wasnt managed right.
Clearly you are wrong

With 18 clubs in the league and 100's of scouts looking for talent no other team even considered him and his talent alone didnt get him drafted as he was a flog that thought he would become a star just off talent. No work ethic

Now you would think with such a sh!t pool of players to select from for the MS draft his name is not mentioned as a possibility to get a 2nd chance

He didnt get the hard end of the stick Richmond gave him 2 chances 1st was drafting him when all clubs passed and the 2nd was when he and CCj had a kebab - He should have been sacked there and then

Club gave him every chance.

But on the Cumberland thread so i should say something about him i suppose
Play him next week

Clearly you are wrong

With 18 clubs in the league and 100's of scouts looking for talent no other team even considered him and his talent alone didnt get him drafted as he was a flog that thought he would become a star just off talent. No work ethic

Now you would think with such a sh!t pool of players to select from for the MS draft his name is not mentioned as a possibility to get a 2nd chance

He didnt get the hard end of the stick Richmond gave him 2 chances 1st was drafting him when all clubs passed and the 2nd was when he and CCj had a kebab - He should have been sacked there and then

Club gave him every chance.

But on the Cumberland thread so i should say something about him i suppose
Play him next week
Stack was a massive disappointment after the one good season and as you say he burnt his chances and it’s on him why nobody else even looked at him. He’s been a campaigner still so he was no loss . With all the senior indigenous boys in the club you would’ve thought he would’ve pulled his head in , but he threw it all away.
Cumberland is nothing like him as he’s at least trying to save his career and has modified his game doing what the coaches have asked from him.

Stack was a massive disappointment after the one good season and as you say he burnt his chances and it’s on him why nobody else even looked at him. He’s been a campaigner still so he was no loss . With all the senior indigenous boys in the club you would’ve thought he would’ve pulled his head in , but he threw it all away.
Cumberland is nothing like him as he’s at least trying to save his career and has modified his game doing what the coaches have asked from him.
My biggest issue with Cumberland is He has way too much going on in his head and is cooked before getting on the ground

And that s**t run up for goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then your selfish comment is outdated and lazy tbh cos he’s been far from that in the VFL..

I understand why your opinion of him is how it is.. but he’s changed, penny has dropped.

He now understands and is showing what it takes to be successful at the highest level in a AFL team.

I just hope you aren’t that stubborn to change your opinion of him as you see more
lol selfish 😂😂

I would love him to prove me wrong, love for him to put team first, play two ways etc.
I’m not holding my breath but I’m also not one of these stubborn types who can’t admit if I get it wrong.
Just think he’s a long, long way off and headed for delisting is my honest opinion but as I say, hopefully wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back