Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

May have barely touched it but his few efforts in a row on the near wing in what I think was the third quarter we're great.
Is that enough to hold his place? Typically no, but considering our injuries he might just get lucky.

Might add, I’m not one of these people that just climb into them either. I feel for the kid and he can clearly play footy.
Just has far too many short comings for this level sadly despite some nice tricks.

Yes I have.
He’s rubbish.
Cmon RD give yourself a rest from here supporting JGTI and then kicking the s**t out of a bloke who came on the ground when we were 12 goals down and only two blokes holding the fort up . Guess what? Cumberland replaced the Walrus as he was injured again bc he doesn’t have a Body that is suitable to AFL football. He’s a massive liability. You’re the type that would blame Cumberland for Climate change, broken relationships, world famine , failed space missions , life threatening diseases etc etc

Cmon RD give yourself a rest from here supporting JGTI and then kicking the s**t out of a bloke who came on the ground when we were 12 goals down and only two blokes holding the fort up . Guess what? Cumberland replaced the Walrus as he was injured again bc he doesn’t have a Body that is suitable to AFL football. He’s a massive liability. You’re the type that would blame Cumberland for Climate change, broken relationships, world famine , failed space missions , life threatening diseases etc etc
lol fair enough but you just can’t compare the two. One has got the best out of himself and has ticker, the other nothing and then plus all those things he is responsible for!

lol fair enough but you just can’t compare the two. One has got the best out of himself and has ticker, the other nothing and then plus all those things he is responsible for!
The difference was that JGTI was at the club at the right time when we peaked. I don’t think Cumberland will make it in our team the way it is , but he will have a better chance than JGTI.

I doubt he will ever make it, but can't recall too many others that have continually been set up to fail. People throwing up that he can't fit into a forward line with Dusty, Bolton etc, yet that same forward line has constantly been pretty much crap all year. As TI said, coming on as sub, when already 12 goals down, and the side playing complete s*ite, there was never a hope that he would get to show anything. Yet he will most likely get dropped next week. Our selections in the last few years have been baffling. We keep playing (rewarding?) the same players that are no longer up to it. Our development is garbage; our recruitment has been garbage; not to mention our abysmal strength and conditioning, which is non-existent.

Totally different players but MRJ out of our forward set up for an extended period now is the time to give Cumberland a decent crack at.
Green and Coulthard will also get their opportunities. Let’s see exactly where our small forwards sit in the pecking order. List management moving forward is an absolute priority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I have.
He’s rubbish.
Well then your selfish comment is outdated and lazy tbh cos he’s been far from that in the VFL..

I understand why your opinion of him is how it is.. but he’s changed, penny has dropped.

He now understands and is showing what it takes to be successful at the highest level in a AFL team.

I just hope you aren’t that stubborn to change your opinion of him as you see more

I doubt he will ever make it, but can't recall too many others that have continually been set up to fail. People throwing up that he can't fit into a forward line with Dusty, Bolton etc, yet that same forward line has constantly been pretty much crap all year. As TI said, coming on as sub, when already 12 goals down, and the side playing complete s*ite, there was never a hope that he would get to show anything. Yet he will most likely get dropped next week. Our selections in the last few years have been baffling. We keep playing (rewarding?) the same players that are no longer up to it. Our development is garbage; our recruitment has been garbage; not to mention our abysmal strength and conditioning, which is non-existent.
THIS 100%... LEts blame Cumbo for our troubles, easiest way to accept where we are at the moment which in near bottom of the ladder.

I was excited when cumbo come onto the field I thought even though we're getting flogged you might be able to make a dent in the scoreboard he didn't he ran around like a headless chook in panic mode for 15 minutes trying to apply 150% pressure at every chance rather than back himself in..... seemed to relax a bit and got involved in a few nice chains once he adjusted to the tempo.

play him for the rest of the year and take the shackles off him.

I was excited when cumbo come onto the field I thought even though we're getting flogged you might be able to make a dent in the scoreboard he didn't he ran around like a headless chook in panic mode for 15 minutes trying to apply 150% pressure at every chance rather than back himself in..... seemed to relax a bit and got involved in a few nice chains once he adjusted to the tempo.

play him for the rest of the year and take the shackles off him.
that is a very intelligent post Sir/Madam

Watched him carefully came on late in the 3rd when banks went off. Balta high ball comes in, Cumbo lands awkwardly and goes off.
He comes back on start of last. Thought he played to the structure, 3 possies, 2 tackles, 1 mark he did ok nothing more nothing less.

Unfortunately the ball was up the other end non stop.

We just got to keep playing him which will build his confidence that he belongs. Who knows he may also find his 2022 vibes.

IM WORRIED THAT TOO MUCH EXPECTATION has fallen on this kids shoulders !!

He needs a string of games, just like Rioli had and many others.

My feeling is that Cumbo will go the way of Caddy, and Stack. that's a shame.
Sydney Stack only himself to blame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back