Senior 38. Jack Henry (2017 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, he's certainly got the physical tools to be a player. Not sure where he's best suited? With his pace maybe on a wing? Seems to use it pretty well. But he could also be a tough matchup as a mid sized leading forward too.
I'm thinking a HFF that can roam up the ground... He's got the height to be that third tall option. Yeah, I'm getting a bit excited about this pick. He may take a year or two in the VFL to bulk up.

Anyone know how he tested on the beep test and 3km trial? If he has an engine, he could do some midfield time.

If Ling can transition from a FF to midfield I have more confidence this kid could too.

Anyone know how he tested on the beep test and 3km trial? If he has an engine, he could do some midfield time.

If Ling can transition from a FF to midfield I have more confidence this kid could too.

Don't think he did any of the testing at the combine.

I read somewhere that he was the national junior decathlon champion or close to it. Think if that is right then he is not going to have endurance problems once he gets cracking full time on footy. I really liked his midfield work.

Cant get much more StJoeys than this kid... Used to go to school with his dad...
Is he related to Chris or Glen Henry?
I was in Chris's year at Joeys, and used to run against Glen in the Rip to River. Glen was a running machine, whippet - like.

Is he related to Chris or Glen Henry?
I was in Chris's year at Joeys, and used to run against Glen in the Rip to River. Glen was a running machine, whippet - like.
What an institution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest , unware of them . Brendon and Bernard were twins and quite hard to tell apart.
My cousin on my Dutch side is married to one or the other.

Watching that you wonder how he didn't go top 30 in the draft...
Of course a highlights package shows only a small amount but looks like he has plenty of upside.
Yeah highlights can be deceiving, everyones highlights package should look good but it gives a bit of an indication. Personally Zach Guthries highlights didnt show me much to be excited about.

More Murdoch than Bontempelli for mine.
That is cruel!

Apart from coming from the Falcons, anyone know his pedigree? School?

Edit: Just read he is a St Joey's boy. Good to see Cats stocking up on them again

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back