Past #36: Joel Tippett - pick #8 '13 RD - delisted end '16 season - 7 games for NM - thanks Tippo

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex giveth and Tex taketh away. What ever happened to Tippet last season? Was he injured or just not up to AFL standard again?

... Or was he actually playing and I just never noticed him.

Tex giveth and Tex taketh away. What ever happened to Tippet last season? Was he injured or just not up to AFL standard again?

... Or was he actually playing and I just never noticed him.
Played 3 games, rounds 1,2 and 23, only time Tarrant didn't play. So basically a backup only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippett is a vanilla defender, but a couple of the older guys we have playing in our back 6 at the moment are no better, so we may as well give Tippett a run just to change things up a bit.

I suspect you're right. We actually have very few "delist" types this year, in fact, he is more or less the only one.
I was actually thinking about this the other day and I agree. I suspect our list changes will come from trading players out (Black and maybe Hansen) and retirements, of which there is a few candidates.

Doe we also have to elevate or delist Preuss and Fordham this year?

I was actually thinking about this the other day and I agree. I suspect our list changes will come from trading players out (Black and maybe Hansen) and retirements, of which there is a few candidates.

Doe we also have to elevate or delist Preuss and Fordham this year?

Yeah, it's tricky. I don't really feel like any of our potential retirees are playing below the level required, they all still feel best 22 to me, so I don't really want to lose any of them - but that's footy, I guess, I just hope we don't force any of them out solely to make the list numbers work.

Preuss and Fordham I believe can stay on the rookie list one more year, so no.

We do have an open spot on the list this year, I think, which we were using to make Daw our nominated rookie. Back when McKenzie was still a VFLer, I figured it'd be delist him and Tippett and then we'd have three spaces.

Not so sure now. I don't think he's been great but he's not in the delist bin.

Trading out Black or Hansen would give us some room but really, I'm not sure who is going to call and ask for them. Maybe Brisbane, so desperate for mature bodies/kpps? That's all I can really think of.

Yeah, it's tricky. I don't really feel like any of our potential retirees are playing below the level required, they all still feel best 22 to me, so I don't really want to lose any of them - but that's footy, I guess, I just hope we don't force any of them out solely to make the list numbers work.

Preuss and Fordham I believe can stay on the rookie list one more year, so no.

We do have an open spot on the list this year, I think, which we were using to make Daw our nominated rookie. Back when McKenzie was still a VFLer, I figured it'd be delist him and Tippett and then we'd have three spaces.

Not so sure now. I don't think he's been great but he's not in the delist bin.

Trading out Black or Hansen would give us some room but really, I'm not sure who is going to call and ask for them. Maybe Brisbane, so desperate for mature bodies/kpps? That's all I can really think of.
I agree with all of that. I thought BMac was definitely a trade/delist candidate at the start of the season but the last few weeks it actually seems like he's building nicely. There are certainly going to be some tough list management discussions at the end of the season. My guess is:

Out: 1, maybe 2, of Firrito, Dal, Petrie, Waite retired, Hansen (trade), Black (trade), Tippett, Nahas (rookie), Ray (rookie). Depends on players we trade in also I suppose.

That would give us 4, maybe 5, open senior list spots - although I'm not sure what's happening with Daw - in what is supposed to be a very good draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back