Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill. Is he a forward or defender?
A forward thinking defender.

Started as a forward with us but was then being groomed as a third tall defender type with good skillz and speed off the back flank.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is given another crack if he has another strong season in the VFL.

As long as it's elsewhere, I saw nothing in Kennedy that resembled an AFL footballer, and adding to that I saw nothing in myself during my footy career that resembled an AFL footballer. So you aint special Ayden!

Poor man's Joel Tippett to be honest.

As long as it's elsewhere, I saw nothing in Kennedy that resembled an AFL footballer, and adding to that I saw nothing in myself during my footy career that resembled an AFL footballer. So you aint special Ayden!

Poor man's Joel Tippett to be honest.

Was in the best votes more often than not, which was a lot more than most of our other players that were given a go.

Not claiming he is the next David Dench, just surprised he was never given a go.

Was in the best votes more often than not, which was a lot more than most of our other players that were given a go.

Not claiming he is the next David Dench, just surprised he was never given a go.

I looked forward to the Werribee Foxtel clash beamed live from Perth a couple of seasons ago, mainly to watch Ayden play, was seriously underwhelming that night. Also anytime I caught a VFL match he never did much I thought.

I suppose looking for perspective young Kane delivered more in his practice match hit out on Saturday night than Ayden did in his five years at North. Well got me more excited anyway.

Good luck to the young man, but I don't think we got it wrong, tough gig is AFL footy.

Not true at all. He was in the best 6 times from 20 games, not that it means much. Had a poor result in the Werribee B & F.

Here's my take on it: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ayden-kennedy-2014.1025187/page-7#post-31076842

Still waiting for a comment from those posters who earlier in the thread absolutely shit canned the club, saying that he had other clubs lining up and we'd have egg on our faces etc.

Good luck to him. I have nothing against him personally, but his reputation on here was truly puzzling.

Shame curiousLplayer called it quits straight after. His VFL reports will be missed.

Last edited:
NC I do wonder how much of the hype around Kennedy could be connected to who we traded,for his pick?

Imagine had he and Black both killed it. Certain posters would never let Hawk fans forget . Would have got one back for the Hay deal and Gibson fir having the hide to leave us.

Just a thought us all.

I thought I saw something in him to be honest. He is a good size, pretty quick and is a pretty sweet kick. For whatever reason he couldn't put all that together to have what it takes. It makes you wonder tho, is footy IQ a players best asset. IMO it is

Not true at all. He was in the best 6 times from 20 games, not that it means much. Had a poor result in the Werribee B & F.

Here's my take on it: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ayden-kennedy-2014.1025187/page-7#post-31076842

Still waiting for a comment from those posters who earlier in the thread absolutely shit canned the club, saying that he had other clubs lining up and we'd have egg on our faces etc.

Good luck to him. I have nothing against him personally, but his reputation on here was truly puzzling.

Shame curiousLplayer called it quits straight after. His VFL reports will be missed.

I thought he was in the vote more often than that, but the VFL site says 6 from 20 games. My main criticism was that VFL form wasn't a strong indicator in terms of if you got a game or not or if you retained a spot on the list. Some of the poor results include: McMahon 1 from 6, Daw 2 from 10, McKenzie 2 from 10, Hine 1 from 3, Garner 2 from 12.

For whatever reason some guys were out of favour, some guys are in favour irrespective of their form. I just felt he showed enough talent, have to ask why we couldn't get him to take that next step, why he wasn't given a go when his form was good and guys like McMahon and Firrito were struggling, badly.

If we had nothing in the tank then you make do with the best you have got, but guys who weren't setting the world on fire in the VFL were given a go ahead of the guys who were performing.

I thought he was in the vote more often than that, but the VFL site says 6 from 20 games. My main criticism was that VFL form wasn't a strong indicator in terms of if you got a game or not or if you retained a spot on the list. Some of the poor results include: McMahon 1 from 6, Daw 2 from 10, McKenzie 2 from 10, Hine 1 from 3, Garner 2 from 12.

For whatever reason some guys were out of favour, some guys are in favour irrespective of their form. I just felt he showed enough talent, have to ask why we couldn't get him to take that next step, why he wasn't given a go when his form was good and guys like McMahon and Firrito were struggling, badly.

If we had nothing in the tank then you make do with the best you have got, but guys who weren't setting the world on fire in the VFL were given a go ahead of the guys who were performing.

Have a look at the Werribee B&F. That will tell you a lot more than the VFL bests list which are usually puzzling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually asked that today.

In no particular order....

Lazy

Un-coachable

Led to him being disliked

I actually asked that today.

In no particular order....

Lazy

Un-coachable

Led to him being disliked

Funnily enough there have been a number of well 'liked' footballers at North over the last 5-10 who were cut for those exact reasons but we were never given public info about.

Just watching the thrilling final of the Williamstown v Box Hill game, and our former favourite Ayden Kennedy has just done his knee by the looks of it after taking a fantastic defensive mark.

Getting carried off now.

Great mark and then that... devastated for him, doesn't matter that he's not a Roo anymore, you just don't want anyone to go through that. Could tell by his reaction what it meant to him. Hope he makes a strong and successful recovery.

Did it in the mark?

Aaron Cornelius (former Lion) did something similar down here in Tassie a few weeks back. Doing a knee in a marking contest is freaking horrible.

Rules are rules for a reason.

Journos like Caro trotting out "But his team is in finals he NEEDS to be playing regardless of whether it breaks VFL rules" is a heap of shit.

Why have rules if you're going to bend them to the point of breaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back