Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Why on Earth didn't he come back through the VFL.

Absolutely brain dead fitness and conditioning staff. **** me, this is below amatuer.

To be perfectly honest i would happily say goodbye to Jack Graham for both Richmond & Jacks benefit

Getting $450k off the books is compensation enough and what ever draft pick we get in return is a bonus with his output and injuries.

But if Eagles are into Baker and they dont want to split their 1st rounder then their 2nd rounder +F2 would have to be the deal and they could juice up the graham contract so we end up with 3 2nd rounders

Wonder if we’ll learn from Saturday?
Bringing players with dodgy hamstrings straight back in never works.
Don’t get how he’s an automatic inclusion either? Surely when he’s over this current injury, he earns his spot via the VFL.
See post 4103 from tropicaltiger CP.

I'm having great fears that this guy could remain on our list next year. The RFC has to offer him a contract to see if a club will match it or better it , so we can get the best trade concession pick in return. The fear is nobody will do this and we are then stuck with him. Can we then renege on our deal and let him go into the draft?

He’s gone imo. If we didn’t get Taranto and hopper then he may have had some value to us, but we have our 2 big bodies to help the younger guys out. What purpose does he serve ? He hardly excels as a hf

Depth, look how shit we are atm. But if we get a decent pick I’d trade him. I think he’s be worth pick 35-45.

I'm having great fears that this guy could remain on our list next year. The RFC has to offer him a contract to see if a club will match it or better it , so we can get the best trade concession pick in return. The fear is nobody will do this and we are then stuck with him. Can we then renege on our deal and let him go into the draft?

My fear is our MC rate him and that's obvious because he always just comes straight back into the side.

We need him to say he wants out and looking for trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My fear is our MC rate him and that's obvious because he always just comes straight back into the side.

We need him to say he wants out and looking for trades.
I was reading the other day that Yze wants us to be a much better contested ball team, which was something Dimma wasn’t big on.
I guess that’s why they’ve probably been playing him, but I have never seen or can’t remember a game where he’s had big numbers. Played as a defensive forward/mid in Hardwicks side, so you can probably give him some leeway in that regard.
The game has passed him by, he looks slow, kicking lacks penetration and is not a good clearance player.
I wouldn’t re-sign him and if nobody is interested in him as a FA then delist him.

He's had 11 contested possessions (his PB) 3 times, with the last coming in 2022 vs Carlton in round 14. The other two times were 2020 vs Gold Coast and 2019 vs Adelaide.
12 players in last night's Darwin game had 10 contested possessions or more it ain't such a big deal now that the AFL have turned the game into a "SquibFest" where you can't crunch anybody, or crash and bang anymore in case somebody gets hurt.

Gryan Miers even had 12 CP last night :oops:

Just goes to show how soft the game is becoming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back