Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly have no idea. He was such a unique forward prospect, with his freakish contested marking ability and solid ground level game.

It could only be a few things:

1. They see no position for him in the forward line due to Duurs, Zurhaar, Ford, Curtis ect.
2. They want to protect his body from having to jump/crash into packs i.e Comben (which I don't think is all that realistic considering footy is a contact sport)
3. It's part of his forward line development to give him better understanding of how to play off his opponents
4. They think his long kicking skill is wasted in the forward half and he could have more of an impact as a defender.

Or a combination of all 4.

Either way, doesn't make much sense to me.
On No.4. I dream of the opposite. Remember his early days when Sugar was taking marks 55m out from our grindhouse's patented rushed centre square hack clearance. The Dolph would hit BB once in a while from there and it was all so, so so. Put Sausage in his place, he can take a ping and we're back to the centre. The little madman is finally forcing a change in the quality of our exits, but still, play the man fwd.

On No.4. I dream of the opposite. Remember his early days when Sugar was taking marks 55m out from our grindhouse's patented rushed centre square hack clearance. The Dolph would hit BB once in a while from there and it was all so, so so. Put Sausage in his place, he can take a ping and we're back to the centre. The little madman is finally forcing a change in the quality of our exits, but still, play the man fwd.

What a dream, to have someone consistently dobbing them from outside 50.

How far away is this bloke?..

We need his speed and smarts.

Out: Stephenson
IN: Sausage
Watched him live in the VFL last week. Made a few errors early but then worked into it nicely. Needs a few more games under his belt before coming in. We'd be throwing him to the wolves if we tried it now.

If he keeps tracking well then rd 7 or 8 is on the cards for a debut. In the forward line please.

If they really think he gets a start in the back half at AFL level bring him in for McDonald asap.
Or we could be patient with a guy coming off an ACL building his tank.

I’m fine with releasing Kerch and Sheez further forward AND keeping Sausage forward as well. I would say at the moment only Souv, PC and BGZ are set and forget in the front 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon this week he should high 5 Sellers as he exits back to the 2’s and he gets named for his 1st match up forward. We are due some great news on the development front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been in this week and then this happens. FML.

Dislocated shoulder should be what, anywhere between 6-10 weeks?

It looked like a bad one. But then again all dislocations look bad. Will all depend on how bad the ligament damage is and what type surgery he needs (reconstruction ect). If he is looking at a full reco that’s 16+ weeks and probably season over for him.

Done. I am so sick and tired of this club picking up injury prone players hoping it will turn, for every Tarrant there is an Ahern, Perez and George, its ****ing putrid list management and an indictment of where we are as a club. **** off Brady.

Done. I am so sick and tired of this club picking up injury prone players hoping it will turn, for every Tarrant there is an Ahern, Perez and George, its ******* putrid list management and an indictment of where we are as a club. * off Brady.

He has done one ACL in his career, that doesn’t mean he is “injury prone”. Collisions and “impact” injuries happen at AFL level.

The reality is Brayden is just very unlucky at this stage of his career.

Last edited:
Done. I am so sick and tired of this club picking up injury prone players hoping it will turn, for every Tarrant there is an Ahern, Perez and George, its ******* putrid list management and an indictment of where we are as a club. * off Brady.
😂 ****en settle down hotshot… you okay benny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back