Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't get a coaching job at Essendon apparently.

As much as I'd love to see the guy continue at the club, I reckon he'd be a far more effective coach in the long term if he does his apprenticeship under different coaching regimes so he ends up with a diversity of ideas and methods.

Disappointing....

Essendon champion Dustin Fletcher will sever ties with the Bombers after the AFL coaching aspirant wasn't offered a job with the club.

The well-respected defender has coaching aspirations and was keen to remain with the Bombers in a coaching capacity but is looking elsewhere after no offer to join John Worsfold's staff was forthcoming.

"I would have liked to have helped out at Essendon a bit but that didn't go down," Fletcher told radio station SEN after Australia was defeated by Ireland in the International Rules Series in Dublin.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-fletcher-20151122-gl4xrx.html#ixzz3sDjmalcI
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the only option if you ever want to get anywhere is to work under Clarkson these days.
I would say him, but I don't want Fletch associated with that club...

So according to Dave Culbert, because players were ineligible in 2015, it means technically Fletch only played 393 games.

I say technically Dave Culbert is a campaigner and can GAGF.
If we're going down that stupid path, then every opposition player who played in those games shouldn't have those games count towards the total either.

And nor should our non-suspended players.

In summary, he's a ****ing pillock of the highest order.

If we're going down that stupid path, then every opposition player who played in those games shouldn't have those games count towards the total either.

And nor should our non-suspended players.

In summary, he's a ******* pillock of the highest order.
Would also need to review Brownlow votes, goals kicked, etc.

Using that same rationality, Ryan Crowley should be stripped of all games he played post R17 game vs GWS in 2014.

What a stupid suggestion.

Also, doesn't Culbert have a reputation for being a plonker?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back