Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtain raiser v the Blues this week so try and get there early this week. The blues arnt much so the game could be a bit one sided.

One thing is for sure "Bobs" celebration after his first goal is going to be something to remember. That is if his any of his rehearsed in the mirror antics are put in the spotlight. As seen by the Skull Squad at the cocktail night.

Go the Skull !!!
J.I.T.C
THE DOC..

The other thing I like about the boy is that he has a bit of agro in him, doesn't mind a bit of biffo in the game.

So Doc, do you think he'll celebrate by doing the 'Caterpillar' or the 'Moonwalk' ? :D :D :D

If "Butt-Head" Pratty has his own little celebratory dance repertoire, do you think "Beavis" Ainley should pull his jumper over his head when he kicks a goal, screaming "I am the great Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole"? :D

Many celebration antics were put on display. My fave was the soccer style plane then belly slide.

One thing for sure If one of them happens then Bob could find himself back to the Murray Roos the next week. Dennis is a good coach and a good bloke but how do you think he would react to that sort of carry-on.

We would be able to hear him from the stands " GET PRATT OFF".

Go the Skull !!!
J.I.T.C
THE DOC..

Pratt:
18 y.o.
body of a 25 y.o.
brain of a 35 y.o.

Natural leader. Pratt reminds me of a young Timmy Watson in terms of physic and the way he carries himself on the field.
Has poise and skill. His form has only been solid so far, but he looks like he's only going at half pace.

He has the attributes to be a future captain.
Having said that, it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't cut it.

Ow! fence pale up my bum crack.

I like him.
As far as characters go amongst the young kids he's my pick of the bunch.
I just hope his footy proves to be as entertaining.
Speaking to him at the cocktail night, Pratty has been a bit disappointed with his form so far, he thinks capable of a lot better ahead of him. You like to hear stuff like that. I egged him on a bit.

Speaking of his agro streak though, it was funny to watch him against Coburg a few weeks back when flashy hot-shot Kayne Pettifer was trying to get the better of him. Pratty matched it & then some resulting in a vicious spray towards Pettifer from one Skull Squad member. It can be heard on the ABC TV recording. Very entertaining.

Check out this HS article from earlier in the year though.

Roo treads path from fan to teammate

Thursday, February 22, 2001

DANIEL PRATT became the youngest Kangaroo to debut since Wayne Carey when he lined up against West Coast at Subiaco last Friday night.
This was a strange twist as the 17-year-old had dreamed in primary school of one day playing with the Kangaroos' captain.
''A couple of times we came down to Melbourne and watched them play, and I used to think wouldn't it be great to be running around with Wayne Carey,'' Pratt said yesterday.
''When I was about 10 I got his autograph and now I am playing with him. It's exciting.''
Pratt kicked two goals when brought on in the second half against the Eagles. But with Carey a late starter, the draftee is still to realise his goal of playing alongside him.
Roos chief executive Greg Miller said Pratt was the club's first 17-year-old since Carey, and just before that Jose Romero, in the late 1980s.
''He is the youngest bloke we've had in our seniors (for a while),'' coach Denis Pagan said yesterday.
''He has shown maturity beyond his years and he's physically developed (185cm, 86kg).
''There is a lot of work to be done yet, but he is making every post a winner. We really like the way he goes about his football and his preparation.''
Pratt, a stand-out for Queensland at the national under-18 carnival, is also the first from that state at Arden Street for a while.
''(Former Queenslander) Gavin Crosisca, one of the assistant coaches, said that the first year's pre-season is the hardest,'' Pratt said.
''It was pretty solid, pretty tough, but the older guys helped me through it, and the coaching staff.
''(But) it is not as hard as it was back then (in the mid-80s), there is a lot more conditioning stuff.''
Pratt, from the Northern Eagles (formerly Windsor Zillmere), was taken at No. 42 overall in last year's AFL national draft.
''Brisbane rang up and said they were going to take me at 33, but they ended up taking (Martin) Pike,'' he said.
''The Kangaroos had next pick at 42, but I didn't know as they hadn't shown much interest.''
Pratt is working closely in a group with another assistant coach Tony Elshaug.
''He said to set goals pretty high and work towards them. I would be disappointed if I didn't play a few senior games this year,'' he said.
''There are a lot of new guys at the club. With 11 players retired or left, there is a chance for young guys to come up and make a mark.''
Pratt came on in the third quarter last Friday night and played at half-forward.
''I was happy to get a couple of goals, but I'm not getting carried away.''

Thanks for posting that 35eye.

He was trying to keep the ball in yesterday and ended up sliding along on his belly, I was waiting for the 'caterpillar', but it just didn't happen!

Originally posted by Malibu
He was trying to keep the ball in yesterday and ended up sliding along on his belly, I was waiting for the 'caterpillar', but it just didn't happen!

haha, you should have called for it!

I saw on the highlights last night, Todd from Big Brother does a mean caterpillar. Maybe some tuition is in order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your ppls opinion on Rod Tregenza and Daniel Pratt. Should we keem em or get rid of em. Pratt is out youngest player and he should be kept on in my opinion (given time to develop like Brady). Any one catch Winston abrahams interview on ABC radio the day of the essendon game. He sounded really enthusiastic and I think next year and the years to come, with our current type of game style he could be one of our most important players. He talked about how he wants to stay at the club and, being great mates with choppy, he would want to finish his career playing alongside him.

Originally posted by blueworms
Any one catch Winston abrahams interview on ABC radio the day of the essendon game. He sounded really enthusiastic and I think next year and the years to come, with our current type of game style he could be one of our most important players. He talked about how he wants to stay at the club and, being great mates with choppy, he would want to finish his career playing alongside him.

I hope your right Bluey, they will be a very important part of our future - especially Choppy!

SEASON: Being the youngest on the list, turning 18 during the season, it was meant to be a development year and that is what happenned. Played well in the MK's and looks good for next year.
WARNING - BOLD PREDICTION AHEAD.
FUTURE: I think each of our recruits for last year will be successful players and potential ten year players for the club. If you were to ask me who I think has the potential to have the greatest impact, I would say Pratt.
I have a feeling about this kid. He reminds me of a young Voss or Buckley. He shows maturity and poise, two valuable assets. At 18, he is already tall enough to be considered a tall midfielder, but he will grow to about 190cm, hopefully. He has a large frame, meaning that like Buckley and Voss, he has the potential for a strong and powerful body. But most of all, he can play. He covers the ground well, has an excellent pair of hands and has some guts.
When I saw him take that one hander right in front of me on Saturday in the last, you could see the class. That type of mark is reserved for the really talented. He missed the goal, but it is understandable for a young kid to make a few mistakes early in their career (just ask D. Motlop).
So next year, he could be anything. With a good pre-season, focusing on strength and speed, he could develop into a regular senior player, groomed for greater responsibilities in years to come.
POSITION: Half forward/Back

I really haven't seen enough of this kid to make any judgements, but what I have seen of him he reminds me a bit of Glen Archer. Let's hope he has a promising career ahead of him.

From what I've seen of Pratt, he looks like he has potential.

I certainly, however , wouldn't say that "He reminds me of a young Voss or Buckley".

I agree with Aussie_Roo - Pratt reminds me very much of Archer too, with his aggression and his solid frame. If he does grow to 190cm as you suggest, Moti, it's pssoible that his natural physical development will probably make him too solid to play like Voss or Buckley. No guarantees about that, but it's the way I see it.

I hope your right on this one Moti. That is the greatest wrap ever.

I am just counting down the days to next season on the basis of that one.

If he is half as good as that wrap then he will be a player and a half.

Sounds to me like Moti has found his new Clayton Lasscock, so I would'nt get to excited just yet.
For me, his body type suggests he has stopped growing, but he has a good frame to build some bulk on. He seems to have all the tools to make it in the big time.

I said Lasscock is a good player that I wanted to see in the seniors. He ran well and had the dash of a David King. We needed someone down there and I was desperate to get him into the team. Byron was the last player I have been this excited about.
Pratt is different. He has class and a confidence that belies his age. Having turned 18 during the season, his body will still develop a little more. Many people forget that Nathan Buckley is 189cm, and Voss about 187?, so if Pratt can grow from 184 to about 187, 188, and by packing on the muscle, he will match them for stature, and I believe his skills are up there too.

Does anybody else find it odd that Pratty is yet to play a senior game and hasn't looked like getting a sniff so far this year.

IMO he played a better game than Clayton and Cochrane last week in the magoos but the other 2 got the call up.

With Pagans reluctance to play youngsters in the midfield, Pratty would fit in nicely on a flank up forward or down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back