Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide won't want him. Their back line is okay.

Doedee will leave, Himmelberg looks like he's going to GWS to join Harry and Murray is rehabbing an ACL.

At this stage their key defensive posts next year looks like Butts and that's about it.

Ideal scenario for us is Adelaide coming to the party and trading us the Doedee compensation selection, but it sounds like Port are really into him so very unlikely.

Doedee will leave, Himmelberg looks like he's going to GWS to join Harry and Murray is rehabbing an ACL.

At this stage their key defensive posts next year looks like Butts and that's about it.

Ideal scenario for us is Adelaide coming to the party and trading us the Doedee compensation selection, but it sounds like Port are really into him so very unlikely.
Butts, Worrell and Borlase most likely.

They also have Michaelanney and Hinge as mediums.

Problem with the reverse Coleman is it is more a reflection of how bad the team defense is for a lot of sides. BZT can not out body the big boys one on one but we have continually made it hard for our defenders by exposing them to a massive amount of one on one contests with little pressure on the ball coming inside 50 . I found it a bit rich that Corn was having a crack at BZT by reading the stats page yet he has continually (and rightly so) had a go at our average team defense during the year and not correlating the two . In the games we defended reasonably well BZT played okay. :cool:

Problem with the reverse Coleman is it is more a reflection of how bad the team defense is for a lot of sides. BZT can not out body the big boys one on one but we have continually made it hard for our defenders by exposing them to a massive amount of one on one contests with little pressure on the ball coming inside 50 . I found it a bit rich that Corn was having a crack at BZT by reading the stats page yet he has continually (and rightly so) had a go at our average team defense during the year and not correlating the two . In the games we defended reasonably well BZT played okay. :cool:
Cornes is an idiot. why on earth would you listen to anything he says

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine well wishes to this bloke. I reckon we developed him really well, and gave him opportunities other clubs perhaps would not have. And he gave us 100% effort every game.

A feel good departure in many ways.
Yes. If only every player had his attitude and application.

However we let him down by playing him at fullback. It was evident he was going to get a hiding in that position.

We had no choice, because we had no genuine fullback, so sacrificed him to the roll.

I can't help but think he likely would have wanted to stay he was played as a second tall.

I guess though that will now make him a better 2nd tall at Port.

Cornes is an idiot. why on earth would you listen to anything he says
I listen to pretty much everyone. Does not mean I process it as useful or get hung up on it too much. Same as posters here. I read pretty much all of it as far as footy comment goes. I like to see the different angles. Even if I disagree strongly enough to post about it I like to use the angle to refine what I am looking at and to go back and see if I am missing something that I have not picked up or thought of. :)

I actually think he’s worth far more than Duursma but that disappointment is tempered by Port twitter having a good old fashioned meltdown.

Good night sweet prince, go well, enjoy Laos or whatever other communist state Port decide to sell home games to next.

I actually think he’s worth far more than Duursma but that disappointment is tempered by Port twitter having a good old fashioned meltdown.

Good night sweet prince, go well, enjoy Laos or whatever other communist state Port decide to sell home games to next.
They sell other clubs’ home games, not their own. They’re cheap like that

They sell other clubs’ home games, not their own. They’re cheap like that

They picked up a drop shipping habit when they played in China, clearly.

I haven't been following this, but why did we 'give' BZT, and steak knives, whilst the Kendom only gave Duursma?
Granted pick 73, and 2 future 4th rounders (18*3=48, so at least pick 60 when you include Norf's next helping hand) isn't much, but still. They get steak knives, and we don't?
Only a more serious note, I didn't mind BZT, he would have done well as 3rd tall/intercept but I guess he would have been jostling with Ridley/Laverde.
The BZT is dead, long live the Duursma!

I haven't been following this, but why did we 'give' BZT, and steak knives, whilst the Kendom only gave Duursma?
Granted pick 73, and 2 future 4th rounders (18*3=48, so at least pick 60 when you include Norf's next helping hand) isn't much, but still. They get steak knives, and we don't?
Only a more serious note, I didn't mind BZT, he would have done well as 3rd tall/intercept but I guess he would have been jostling with Ridley/Laverde.
The BZT is dead, long live the Duursma!
As long as we've got enough points to match when Koby comes through, all good. We probably need to start saving now because we'll need somewhere in the order of 150000 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back