Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Suban yellow but not Pears or Myers (who would both be ahead on games bar injuries). Nah.

Was overly conscious not to be biased, but Myers & Pears have spent plenty of time outside of the top 22 IMO, but I would have thought Suban is comfortably in theirs?

Ah but there is one tiny problem... You forgot the rookie picks freo got in that period... Matt De boer, Clancee Pearce and greg broughton (now at gold coast) in 2008, Barlow and Silvagni in 2009 as well.

This was specifically regarding first and second picks as your supporter said Freo had identified how critical these were and how well you'd done lately. You're actually helping to prove my point.

Such a sad day... all those years of hope closely followed by disappointment; that one really promising year in 2010 that ignoring the promise was still only serviceable at best... and all those images of him dominating at training.

Fortunately all those years ago when I gave my girlfriend number options for my Christmas present footy jumper she avoided #3 as she thought his name was "ugly".... So I got a #7.o_O

Good luck to the big fella, but whether he succeeds or fails it'll hurt me deep down inside to some degree either way.

Such a sad day... all those years of hope closely followed by disappointment; that one really promising year in 2010 that ignoring the promise was still only serviceable at best... and all those images of him dominating at training.

Fortunately all those years ago when I gave my girlfriend number options for my Christmas present footy jumper she avoided #3 as she thought his name was "ugly".... So I got a #7.o_O

Good luck to the big fella, but whether he succeeds or fails it'll hurt me deep down inside to some degree either way.

Is she still your GF?

Seems like we miscalculated a bit here. I would have thought the smart move would to have given Gumby some game time in the last part of the year to try to get him some currency. Pick 55 is basically throw in the bin stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be nice to see both Gumby and Freo achieve something together (of course on the proviso that Essendon doesn't win it!), given they have both put in a hell of a lot of work for very little reward so far in their respective football journeys.

Scott Gumbleton said:
"Obviously, to learn off him is the most exciting thing for me, that’s what I’m looking forward to, learning how to play in the forward line."
This made me laugh. All these years we have kept him on the list when he didn't know how to play in the forward line! Haha o_O

This made me laugh. All these years we have kept him on the list when he didn't know how to play in the forward line! Haha o_O

That was a strange line. Could've expressed to make himself out to be less of a newbie, but fact is still played under 50 games!

I think the context was that he referring to how to play in the freo forward structures.

The fact he said that though and has sought out Pav - shows i think he has a bit of respect and not an ounce of ego on him - im sure bombers fans could pprobably attest to that last point over the journey he was at Windy Hill.

I think the context was that he referring to how to play in the freo forward structures.

The fact he said that though and has sought out Pav - shows i think he has a bit of respect and not an ounce of ego on him - im sure bombers fans could pprobably attest to that last point over the journey he was at Windy Hill.
Haha nah not having a go at him. I like him and wish him all the best at Freo. Just found his wording funny.

Could be he meant what he said; I remember a courtney johns article where he said how he was drafted back in the old power forward days (late 90s early 00s) and basically couldn't play any footy, when he got back into the game the role of a tall forward was so different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back