Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

on the afl site they have some interviews with the some of the best draftees before they were drafted, im pretty sure the interview gumby and another player we drafted, check it out.

i just grin at the thought of Gumby training with Lloydy,Lucas and Hird.

The only AFL standard passes he would have had kicked to him at Peel Thunder would've came from Matt Rosa (when he wasn't playing for WCE).:D

and Shannon Hurn & James Walker.

But now,the bloke must be in heaven surrounded by the stars and watching how the big fellows take a grab. Now his got JJ,Watson MJ,Mcviegh,Lovett and co all drilling it to him at full pace.....living the dream:thumbsu:

Well, I think Sheedy for his aggression at contests ahead of Hansen, so Im sure he'll definitely line up in Round 1 up forward. Johns might have to begin in the seconds or at best on the bench.

Well, I think Sheedy for his aggression at contests ahead of Hansen, so Im sure he'll definitely line up in Round 1 up forward. Johns might have to begin in the seconds or at best on the bench.

Hey Crave,you must be the only one who agrees with me that johns could find himself struggling to get picked (if his form is crap straight off) and Gumbleton will line up in rd1.

I know everyone has a soft spot for johns,but I don't;)

But in saying that,no reason Sheedy can't play em all at once.He can give it a try at least. Look at St Kilda when they had Hamill,Fraser and ReVolt all running around in the f50 at one stage...gives MFs lots of options:thumbsu:

Hey Crave,you must be the only one who agrees with me that johns could find himself struggling to get picked (if his form is crap straight off) and Gumbleton will line up in rd1.

But in saying that,no reason Sheedy can't play em all at once.He can give it a try at least. Look at St Kilda when they had Hamill,Fraser and ReVolt all running around in the f50 at one stage...gives MFs lots of options:thumbsu:

See I think Sheedy will keep Johns in the side, Everyone knows how Sheedy is with his project players, he'll try to prove everyone wrong...

Absolutely, I just think at the beginning of the season, he has to field his absolute best side with his 'new' recruit in Lloyd. Gumby probably has a head start at his age than Johns did, so its a great time to showcase our first draft pick. I have no doubt by round 3, Johns will find himself back in the side as he begins to establish the right mix.

In terms of his career, he'll develop nicely without being a star of any kind. especially while Lloyd still commands the forward 50. Lloyd, Lucas and Gumby are my top 3 at this stage on paper.

See I think Sheedy will keep Johns in the side, Everyone knows how Sheedy is with his project players, he'll try to prove everyone wrong...

For sure, theres no question he will. If he does manage to remain on our list for another 5 years, he'll definitely take over from Lloyd or Lucas. So, forward wise, our future is assured.

For sure, theres no question he will. If he does manage to remain on our list for another 5 years,
he'll definitely take over from Lloyd or Lucas. So, forward wise, our future is assured.

First you say he'll be on the bench,then...... he's gunna be our future star forward in 5 years time...??

Whats wrong with him doing something in 2007? No more project boy,
lets give him a run and let him learn by his mistakes horse sh-t..

He has to fire now. Like in Rd 1.If he gets picked. If he does,you better do something Corts or Bendigo Best&Western,here you come.

He's 50-50:thumbsu: :eek:

First you say he'll be on the bench,then...... he's gunna be our future star forward in 5 years time...??

He has to fire now. Like in Rd 1.If he gets picked. If he does,you better do something Corts or Bendigo Best&Western,here you come.

Johns>>>>Gumby atm

I think you have unrealistic expectations that Gumby is going to be a gun from day 1 unfortunatelly it doesnt happen that way.

Johns>>>>Gumby atm

I think you have unrealistic expectations that Gumby is going to be a gun from day 1 unfortunatelly it doesnt happen that way.

So what do you think Gumby's path will be in 07'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually,I shouldn't have started this thread.I'm just posting about my wildest dreams really.I rekon SG will be a gun,but time will tell.Guess I'll keep my mouth zipped untill he plays a senior game.......and then I'll be saying i told ys
as so;) :D

I don't see any reason why Sheeds shouldn't play Lloyd, Lucas, Johns and Gumbleton for the majority of the season (assuming they don't get injured).
It will be very hard for opposition to match up on all of them and it'll give Johns and Gumby a chance to gain experience and confidence as they'll be standing the 3rd and 4th best tall defenders.
If Gumby amd Johns go well Lucas could be used more in defense again. Imagine a back line consisting of Lucas, Fletcher and Michael.
I wouldn't be surprised though if Gumby is used a fair bit in defense to give Bradley a run on the ball.

Johns is the key in my opinion. If he does well it really opens up possibilities.

I dont recall using the word 'star'. What you've missed is while Lloyd and Lucas are commanding the forward 50, I dont think he'll stamp himself as a leading forward.

When ONE of them disappears from our line up, if he's still around, he should be able to slot in...depending on his development.

If Gumby is as good as his stats suggest, I dont think it'll be long before he overtakes Johns in both ability and results. Recruiters dont get it wrong these days, especially high draft picks like Gumby.

I don't see any reason why Sheeds shouldn't play Lloyd, Lucas, Johns and Gumbleton for the majority of the season (assuming they don't get injured).
It will be very hard for opposition to match up on all of them and it'll give Johns and Gumby a chance to gain experience and confidence as they'll be standing the 3rd and 4th best tall defenders.
If Gumby amd Johns go well Lucas could be used more in defense again. Imagine a back line consisting of Lucas, Fletcher and Michael.
I wouldn't be surprised though if Gumby is used a fair bit in defense to give Bradley a run on the ball.

Johns is the key in my opinion. If he does well it really opens up possibilities.

To ensure a winning score, Lucas MUST play up forward. In our more successful years, he's amassed a large amount of goals.

Essentially, it couldnt hurt for Gumby to be used down back and take the 3rd best defender behind Fletch and Michael. Learn how to get away from defenders by playing on dangerous forwards.

To ensure a winning score, Lucas MUST play up forward. In our more successful years, he's amassed a large amount of goals.

Essentially, it couldnt hurt for Gumby to be used down back and take the 3rd best defender behind Fletch and Michael. Learn how to get away from defenders by playing on dangerous forwards.

I agree with ya,except for lucas in the forward all the time,send him down back when needed I rekon:thumbsu:

I don't think he is the key to anything yet.Has to do a heap of work and show he can dominate a game before I call him the key to our forward line setup:eek: :D

I agree with ya,except for lucas in the forward all the time,send him down back when needed I rekon:thumbsu:

I have a feeling he wont be needed down back too often now. Nash, Lee, Fletcher, Michael plus Gumby perhaps might be able to handle what sides put out there. Remains to be seen if they all gel I guess.

I have a feeling he wont be needed down back too often now. Nash, Lee, Fletcher, Michael plus Gumby perhaps might be able to handle what sides put out there. Remains to be seen if they all gel I guess.

Yep,i would be happy as a pig in s---t if all those players and KB can handle the back line without Scotty's help. I'm also looking forward to NLM going into the very valuable player catagory next year.

Gumbleton would be great at HF too. Knows how to play there,good hands.

Just at the moment lacks the pace needed to run allday out of CHB,but who knows what a EFC pre-season will do for him...could be possibility

I'm not saying Johns is the key to our forward line set-up and he's going to set the world on fire.

What I mean is that if he becomes a fairly reliable goalkicking option it gives us more flexibility with Lucas and Gumbleton. If he doesn't perform we're basically forced to leave Lucas at CHF. I love seeing Lucas at CHF by the way, but I also think he's a gun at CHB.

Lucas and Lloyd are our gun options. If Johns fires this year we have a very formidable forward line that will be very hard to contain.

I think Gumbleton will be used whether or not Johns plays well.
How Gumby will be used will depend on how well Johns goes IMO.

If Johns fires it will make a BIG difference to our team.

I'm not saying Johns is the key to our forward line set-up and he's going to set the world on fire.

What I mean is that if he becomes a fairly reliable goalkicking option it gives us more flexibility with Lucas and Gumbleton. If he doesn't perform we're basically forced to leave Lucas at CHF. I love seeing Lucas at CHF by the way, but I also think he's a gun at CHB.
Lucas and Lloyd are our gun options. If Johns fires this year we have a very formidable forward line that will be very hard to contain.

I think Gumbleton will be used whether or not Johns plays well.
How Gumby will be used will depend on how well Johns goes IMO.

If Johns fires it will make a BIG difference to our team.

Yep,I agree with everything u said. If the BL goes ok and Johns strings together some good form and cements a spot at HF,I would like to see Scotty roam from HF to center-wing taking those great marks on the lead and twisting around to bomb or pass it to someone at HF/50mtr zone.

We have Hille as well don't forget. He will (u'd think) be even more fitter next year and should be able to drop back at HB and take marks around the center and just play like Cox...be where ever he is needed as the situation arises:thumbsu:

I don't think first year 197cm kids can really claim a senior position, especially CHF.
He'll probably get games when the match-ups are right.
If any of the other young KP's from the draft get a game for the oppisition, Sheed's will get Gumby to let loose and show why he was the first KP prospect to be picked up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back