Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 2023 AFL RS, AFLPA Best First Year Player, 2023 SBM, NMFC Best Young Player - signed thru 2030

Remove this Banner Ad

Just trade the poor kid, he doesn't deserve to be stuck at this dogshit rabble of a club for 6 years.

Imagine you start a new job as a teen and you work harder, produce more, and generally make a better effort than almost anyone in your workplace, but the bums who have been there for a decade and literally do nothing get promoted to leadership positions.

And he knows he will have to put up with Luke McDonald and Jy Simpkin for years.

Seriously, just imagine it. I can't say I'd blame him for jumping ship

LDU has been my favourite player up until today. Sheez bleeds blue and white. He shows real emotion on the field. LDU just meanders about, almost like he’s waiting to be traded.

He is our most competitive player. I love him so much. But is is so clear he is wasted where he is.

He’s not a Blakey who genuinely gets the ball going 70m and clears the defence. He is a pin point rebounder. Which is wasted when the campaigners all around him turn it over when they go pin point

essentially every time he finds a target it’s within 40m or it’s a clean handball out of traffic to someone in space.

Receiving North player promptly turns it over.

Wasted.

“But if you don’t have him, the others will just turn it over”.

We are conceding 120 a game ffs. Maybe we need to think less on how to clear it and more on how to stop it getting it in there? A genius ball winner with time & clean disposal further up the ground could help with that!

He's the only player who knows how to hit up a forward and I also think that the forwards have given up on everyone else and only lead when it's Sheezel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is controversial but we should see what we can get for Sheezel… no hear me out ..
Would be worth 2-3 first rounders …
Enough to inject some more talent
Have a spell Rossco. We are all hurting right now but geez man. Harry is the only reason we have any hope to start with. You and I both know they blow those 3 first rounders on duds anyway.

Have a spell Rossco. We are all hurting right now but geez man. Harry is the only reason we have any hope to start with. You and I both know they blow those 3 first rounders on duds anyway.
No …think outside the square a bit …
Have a think of his current & potential value … surely our of 2-3 first rounders there’s a Harley Reid ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back