Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

With a view to farewells and the future.

B: Thomas, Delaney, Thompson
HB: Atley, Grima, Richardson
C: Wells, Swallow, Garlett
HF: Harvey, Petrie, Harper
F: McIntosh, Hansen, Campbell

Goldstein, Rawlings (farewell mate), Greenwood

Bastinac, MacMillan, Pratt (farewell mate?)

Sub: McMahon

Garlett gets a fricken full game!

This is his last game. He's been a fantastic servant. On this year alone Cyril Rioli will sleep easier, in years gone by Paul Williams would've. All the best mate and sorry we couldn't send you out the way you deserved. If it were up to me I'd be horsewhipping them right now. :)

Well done Brady

Thanks for a wonderful career, Brady. A great team man, gave it his all in every game he played, nearly always in the top half dozen possession winners. We will miss his work of recent years mopping up down back.

All the very best in your retirement. :thumbsu:

Re: Well done Brady

242486.jpg

Well done champ :thumbsu:

Good get there Dan. "The epitome of what our club stands for", according to Brad Scott, and I certainly couldn't disagree.

So glad he'll be influencing another generation of North recruits now his playing's done.

Thanks for the onfield memories Brady, and congrats on a magnificent career. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I second the above sentiments - Brady has made a great contribution to the club as a player, and I have no doubt he will continue to do a great job for us in his new off-field role.

congrats Brady on a fantastic career. great player and a great bloke. loves the Roo's to death, has a big ticker. had the pleasure of meeting him a number of times and he & his partner are lovely people. well done mate on your contribution to footy, you can hold your head very high.

congrats Brady on a fantastic career. great player and a great bloke. loves the Roo's to death, has a big ticker. had the pleasure of meeting him a number of times and he & his partner are lovely people. well done mate on your contribution to footy, you can hold your head very high.

Has to hold it high, otherwise the schnoz drags in the dirt:thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Very Brady Moment

Watching the replay and seeing Brady chaired off got me all nostalgic and I recalled the first time I remember him playing.
It was a Friday night,not his first game but in his first dozen or so and can't remember the opponent.
Brady gathered the ball at half back and I instincively looked downfield and to my amazement there was The King all alone in about a hectare out on the wing. Ah the possibilities. When he got the ball would he take a couple of bounces and have a ping or maybe he would spear a 50 metre pinpoint to a leading Corey or Sholl,bliss. Brady knew his role in this delicious scenario I had created looked up,measured the pass and kicked it straight over the Duck's head and out of bounds. I was left standing stupidly frozen as you occasionally are when rampant expectations far exceed the reality. Brady did the only thing he could do under the circumstances, turned and ran in the opposite direction, for if his gaze had met Carey's he may well have been vaporised!
Brady had many many qualities, occasionally kicking wasn't one of them. You'll be missed Brades.

Re: A Very Brady Moment

I know you're not a bagger, Groucho.

Brady had his moments for sure, but as with all good players, even the likes of Boomer, Wellsy and the King himself, the good stuff outweighed the bad by a very long way.

Call me Captain Obvious but it needs saying. He'll be missed.

Interesting to hear Brady identifying disposal coming out of the backline as one area that needs work! His comments about Sierakowski made me think that this was a very good recruiting move.
Indeed, with his comments about working towards his current role for a few years this gave me the amusing picture of him reflecting in conversation, with Bryce, about the team's recruiting needs and arriving at the conclusion that...

...he needed to retire! :eek:

Great interview and excellent speaking on Brady's behalf.:thumbsu:

I admit i had my share of frustration with him as a player, however after listening to him and his take on our recruiting and development process it, is clear that he knows his stuff.
I think he will be an excellent addition to our staff :D

Indeed, with his comments about working towards his current role for a few years this gave me the amusing picture of him reflecting in conversation, with Bryce, about the team's recruiting needs and arriving at the conclusion that...

...he needed to retire! :eek:

He's not going to say it but I think he knew that and that's why he did.

The question has to be asked, who told the jokes in the Rawlings household? :eek:

The development role the club has given Brady sounds like an outstanding one.

Recruiter for 70% of the season, and a full-time one-on-one development coach for the new draftees, once they've been brought to the club, for the first 2-3 months.

Brady was an absolute professional, got 110% out of himself, is perfect to instruct new kids to the club on exactly whats required to make the next step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back