AFL Player #29: Jake "Bull" Kelly šŸ‚

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we change the thread title to Jake Bullsh*t Kelly?

Another terrible recruit. Must be the slowest listed player.

Low hanging fruit. Bigger issues at the other end of the list :cool:
And no I am not defending him. His spot needs an upgrade but we have more issues with the so called "best" players.

When he returned from concussion I was surprised that he initially didnā€™t play despite being medically cleared, I.e he chose not to play. Despite ONE bad moment the other week, the guy has made a career out of being super dedicated, competitive and as hard as a cats head.

That tells me the concussion was a problem and I suspect it continues to be - the short steps against North could not have been more out of character. Hopefully it sorts itself outā€¦.as Ant says, this guy is not one of our issues when heā€™s at his best.

Hardness will come with extra size.
hot alyssa milano GIF

Recruiting him in free agency and treating him as a best 22 lock is indicative of how poor Essendon is.
totally agree he is a Plodder first class spud and if he continues to play next season like he has this one then we are going backwards. you can add Heppell and Jerk Thatcher to that list..!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he got the tank? And do we want to waste a midfield spot on him over a Setterfield or Caldwell who can also play defensive roles?
Setterfield does not tag.
You could go with Caldwell or even Archie but as a pure negating role with limited focus on finding the footy Kelly would have the attitude and scope to do it.
Not that I think we will do it.

Setterfield does not tag.
You could go with Caldwell or even Archie but as a pure negating role with limited focus on finding the footy Kelly would have the attitude and scope to do it.
Not that I think we will do it.
I reckon it's good to have a tagger on the list. Even if it's just to cause an opposition a grader to be uncertain what's coming his way.

Kelly is another example of accepting mediocrity. The mindset needs to change at this club if they are to move forward. We lack quality on every line.
They can't keep sustaining VFL depth players in the senior team. Move him on.

Kelly is another example of accepting mediocrity. The mindset needs to change at this club if they are to move forward. We lack quality on every line.
They can't keep sustaining VFL depth players in the senior team. Move him on.
Hardly the worst player in the backline when we have actual players on the list who played VFL all year. You sack Kelly and you're putting Lord in the side every week.

Hardly the worst player in the backline when we have actual players on the list who played VFL all year. You sack Kelly and you're putting Lord in the side every week.
Not necessarily, it could just be a case of shuffling the magnets around. If ADjnr is a true winger, you could push Durham back across half back to fill the void. Couldn't be any worse than Kelly and would offer more offensively. McGrath can play the lock down role as well, probably the only thing he's shown to do pretty effectively imo.
From what I understand Jayden Davey is a pure small forward, he could potentially parter with Menzie as the crumbers freeing up Alwyn Jnr to play up the field. I'm just spit balling really

On SM-G780G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back