Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't believe it. This is cliche as ****, but I feel I'm in a dream and it's not real. ******* hell.

There will be two eras at NMFC:

Before Boomer (BB) - characterised by the period up until Les Foote's debut.
After Boomer (AB) - characterised by the period from September 2016 onwards.

Um, if those are the only 2 eras, all the interim years are ignored. Including 4 premierships, etc.

A Legend of the Game.

We should all feel lucky we got see an absolute freak go about his business for 20 plus years.

Farewell champ.

Ripping bloke, ripping club man and a North man for life.

who do we have on our list that can replace Harvey?

shocking decision, im angry and sad atm. Should be olaying his 450th as a North player

Losing boomer will definitely weaken our on field position. I'm happy with this because if we won the premiership one year after booting him out it would be the emptiest cup ever raised

Pardon the intrusion but I'm disappointed to hear Harvey wasn't offered another year. I'm a big believer in the old adage that the club is always more important than any given player but surely someone who's given as much to you guys as Boomer has should be regarded as something of an exception, and it wasn't like he's had a poor year either.

I felt the same way when we gave Tucky a nudge towards the door. Just didn't seem right. It would be a travesty to watch Harvey running around in someone else's colors next year, and I think there's a good chance GWS will consider picking him up.

Sure footy is a business we all know that, but clubs really need to allow SOME room for the emotion & sentiments of the fans who will hate this call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not allowed to leave the club in any capacity.

Must stay on off field.

I'd love to see him join Gav Brown in leading our player development into the future. Find the bloody cash North!

Need a kicking coach? Well there he is!

seems a year early for me. Harvey still one of our best players.
His stats are there and he is one of our smartest players who performs weekly. I really think this is one sht stain that will stay with the club - unless we some how manage to gain two superstars this year..

I actually cant believe the Nth Board has done this too Boomer, and the other Nth veterans, right on the eve of the Finals ?? Talk about bad timing, how on earth do they expect these guys too now perform well in the Finals, with this hanging over their heads ?? Why not wait til the season is done and dusted, then make the move ? Jeez, and I thought the Pies Board made some dumb decisions, this one takes the cake. FWIW I would love Boomer on a one year contract with the Pies now, too help our bevy of young kids, in a mentoring role, and he is still playing marvellous footy too. This announcement now, pre Finals, is really weird, to say the least. !

I actually cant believe the Nth Board has done this too Boomer, and the other Nth veterans, right on the eve of the Finals ?? Talk about bad timing, how on earth do they expect these guys too now perform well in the Finals, with this hanging over their heads ?? Why not wait til the season is done and dusted, then make the move ? Jeez, and I thought the Pies Board made some dumb decisions, this one takes the cake. FWIW I would love Boomer on a one year contract with the Pies now, too help our bevy of young kids, in a mentoring role, and he is still playing marvellous footy too. This announcement now, pre Finals, is really weird, to say the least. !

the players wanted to know, one way or another

Absolute ****ing travesty, very poor decision from the club. Need to do an about face on this quick smart. There is no-way corey wagner, kayne turner or garner were being kept out by the champ, nor are either of them going to turn on a 32 possie 3 goal game soon

Because those players asked specifically to know their playing futures before the end of the season. Now they have the chance to play at least one more home game and get the recognition they deserve.

I don't get it. he's had a ripper of a year and would be in your top 5 players. age is just a number. should of been allowed to go around one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back