AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma 🏹 - Torn quad at training and out for at least 4 weeks - 8/5

Archery or no archery?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly he's been a very underrated pick up this year. Works his backside off defensively which is an element I wasn't familiar with regarding his game. To trade him for Zerk is looking like a steal so far.

Honestly he's been a very underrated pick up this year. Works his backside off defensively which is an element I wasn't familiar with regarding his game. To trade him for Zerk is looking like a steal so far.
Win win I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I wasn't sold when we did the trade but I figured it didn't cost much so not much to lose.

He's found a really valuable niche in the side and even though he's not the most physical player you know he's going to leave nothing in the tank each week.

Our 4 other club recruits are our best players.they're the ones who need some back up. We promised them so much.

Bloody important, hard as a cat’s head, runs all day and can take a mark. We’ve had plenty of players that can do 2 of the 3 but he can really do it all.

Gun. Huge vs St Kilda and close to if not our best player yesterday. He really knows how to stick a tackle, find the goals and take a relieving mark. He's honestly surprised me the most with his aerial ability. Got a good one.

This is as win-win as you'll see a trade. BZT fits Port's needs and Duursma fits Essendon's needs.

I used to hate it. Now it's okay.
Yeah. When he was hesitating to take it out of the quiver, I did think, heck it mate, enjoy your footy.

After a slowish start to the season he's really found a gear. Works his arse off and uses it well. Great acquisition.

It's still cringey though.

Back