Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

One other thought and I realise by posting it I kind of invalidate its premise.

14 years ago we rookie listed a kid born in South Sudan and that was the major talking point, a player of African descent joining the AFL.

14 years later we trade in a player born in Africa and all the discussion is around his playing performances to date and whether he can hold down an AFL spot for us.

Rather than frame it as good or bad, just interesting how times move long. 2009 feels like yesterday.
good post x

Don't like it truthfully. I'd rather take an extra pick into the draft or trade for someone with more senior experience.
Unfortunately there weren't any 197cm 26yo 150 game premiership key defenders looking to break contract and come to Arden Street this year.

Unfortunately there weren't any 197cm 26yo 150 game premiership key defenders looking to break contract and come to Arden Street this year.
Lionel Richie Hello GIF

1697438361532.jpeg

Nyadol Nyuon shares what Bigoa's debut means

Can we get an evil empire translation? I can't see facebook posts as my internet security blocks tracking sites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One other thought and I realise by posting it I kind of invalidate its premise.

14 years ago we rookie listed a kid born in South Sudan and that was the major talking point, a player of African descent joining the AFL.

14 years later we trade in a player born in Africa and all the discussion is around his playing performances to date and whether he can hold down an AFL spot for us.

Rather than frame it as good or bad, just interesting how times move long. 2009 feels like yesterday.
First club to pick up an African born player ✅

First Vic club to get rid of pokies ✅

History of not being f*ckwits to indigenous players ✅

We're just better than everyone aren't we

First club to pick up an African born player ✅

First Vic club to get rid of pokies ✅

History of not being f*ckwits to indigenous players ✅

We're just better than everyone aren't we

First club to win 10 of the first 11 games then barely make finals only to have our arses handed back to us when we got there :whitecheck:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back