Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll take a karma point and some luck for North
One of my neighbours has a dog named Karma. When I heard that I mostly thought about "my karma ran over your dogma" jokes but, later, another neighbour was calling Karma "he" and I had to inform him that Karma is a bitch. Boom - tish! Felt clever for a nanosecond, then realised I was probably just repeating the owner's joke.

Not all is lost.

We essentially took a like for like younger replacement in Duursma 3 months ago.

It may have even come into the clubs decision on Duursma, as there was more then enough rumours that he was off at the next trade period anyway, regardless of the new issues.
This is a very good point, I hadn't even considered this.

Didn't learn, doesn't want to learn, doesn't want to change. Good riddance.
Without any inside knowledge, I would guess it's like many people with an addiction problem. They may genuinely want to change and you can try to help. There is a chance they will change the behaviour and a chance they'll relapse. They may go through a stack of cycles of this before making lasting change. They may never change.

I'm sure the club would have been aware, when offering support, that it may come to this, but obviously they can't carry him through multiple cycles of "rehab". IMO they've done the right thing last year and now.

Previously the best course of action was not to abuse women, while doing a behavior rehab program, via recordable text messages.

So you'll have to excuse me for not being too sure he will follow the best course of action ;)
I had a mate who ended doing time up for abusively texting his ex. There was this one time me and another mate were there watching the footy and talking to him about not texting her (the other guy was copping the same shit from his ex, his kids mum. She did a number on him too but that's neither here nor there in the context of TTs story. He still behaved properly and as a result now the kid is growing up she knows her dad did the right thing by her and loves and respects him for it.)

We were sitting there lecturing this other guy and he was agreeing with us ... and then 30 seconds later he was compulsively texting his ex again. it was like he wasn't even fully conscious of his own behaviour while he was texting her either. I'm not saying this as a justification either but I reckon one day someone will do some neurological research on this stuff and find out some people are prone to it the way some people are prone to pokies addiction. He wasn't the brightest bloke either and had basically spent his life dealing weed on the street in Nimbin. Very street smart not very EQ smart.

Without any inside knowledge, I would guess it's like many people with an addiction problem. They may genuinely want to change and you can try to help. There is a chance they will change the behaviour and a chance they'll relapse. They may go through a stack of cycles of this before making lasting change. They may never change.

I'm sure the club would have been aware, when offering support, that it may come to this, but obviously they can't carry him through multiple cycles of "rehab". IMO they've done the right thing last year and now.
Yeah. it a waste too but so many addicts are.

Give it a rest Captain Hindsight. Your Nostril powers wanted to draft Tsatas instead of Wardlaw!
Lol I love when people bring this up as it was actually one of the few times I went the risk averse option by not wanting the guy with dodgy hamstrings and taking a safer bet

I hope they hold up over his career and that hindsight looks fondly back on our decision

Yes. North has standards.

Sounds like you'd be better off barracking for *

I got more information and i changed my stance on it.

I was filthy reading the text message given to the papers earlier, but to have it confirmed he was doing this s**t WHILE suspended and doing the respect and responsibility courses is such a kick in the nuts to everyone. TT seemingly doesn't have any respect in him. Not for the club, not for his partners, not for himself.

Simple fact is the club couldn't have any faith in him whatsoever anymore. He had chances, and secretly blew them up behind everyone's back and just lied through his teeth. Why would you have any belief that this time would be any different? Oh, and the bullshit with him "seeing out his contract" the last couple of years. * off. Was actively looking at other offers for two ******* years then some people celebrate when he gives the most benign of statements saying he was going to stick with the club.

He has no loyalty, no respect, and I wouldn't trust him to look after my pet rabbit for a day.

Good riddance.

TT immediately siding and supporting the little sook JHF when he went to port was probably a early sign that he doesn't respect us nor give a **** about North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you can compare it to addiction, Tarryn isn't addicted to be being abusive to females this is a systemic behaviour that he needs to unlearnt. Agree with the rest of the post.

Last edited:
I don't think you can compare it to addiction, Tarryn isn't addicted to be being abusive to females this is a systemic behaviour that he needs to unlearn. Agree with the rest of the post.
Yep not an addiction

It’s more just too stupid and immature to learn

I guess the habit/addiction part is maybe the going after similarly volatile people to date. He needs to find someone opposite to him not similar

Hindsight Hero….

That 2018 draft you rated Jackson Hately and Curtis Taylor above TT…

You’ve only jumped on the Butters bandwagon since he was taken at the pick we traded to Port.
I was one of the few anti Polec prior to trading for him also one of the few anti gaff

I didn’t rate butters that high at the time you are correct on that and the above quote is just pointing out what we gave up with the pick to port for polec and Thomas

I also wasn’t big on Thomas at the time my ideal situation would have been trading up for king twins or bailey smith

I don't think you can compare it to addiction, Tarryn isn't addicted to be being abusive to females this is a systemic behaviour that he needs to unlearnt. Agree with the rest of the post.
I think its the actual texting that's addictive. I thought this before TTs stuff even started coming out too, it was that incident with my mate that got me thinking that way. His behaviour was compulsive and almost unconscious. he was conscious to a point but yeah it was odd.

Its like the normal processes he went thru when doing stuff off his phone weren't there.

Just on the whole “we could have had Butters” thing - unless we traded up then, no, we couldn’t.

Butters was taken with Port’s own pick. They on traded our Polec pick and it ended up at GWS, who then used it on Jackson Hately at pick 14 at the draft. The next few players taken were Jordan Clark, Ned McHenry and Sam Sturt.

That should not be a cause of angst in this matter.

Just on the whole “we could have had Butters” thing - unless we traded up then, no, we couldn’t.

Butters was taken with Port’s own pick. They on traded our Polec pick and it ended up at GWS, who then used it on Jackson Hately at pick 14 at the draft. The next few players taken were Jordan Clark, Ned McHenry and Sam Sturt.

That should not be a cause of angst in this matter.
Plot twist: The Nostradamus is actually Gerard Healy

I was one of the few anti Polec prior to trading for him also one of the few anti gaff
Believe me I was anti Polec as well especially for the cost.
I also wasn’t big on Thomas at the time my ideal situation would have been trading up for king twins or bailey smith

The problem with that was you need to have a club willing to trade one of those top 6 picks. Considering the class in that years draft, no one was willing to part with a top 6 pick for a pick downgrade.

I think its the actual texting that's addictive. I thought this before TTs stuff even started coming out too, it was that incident with my mate that got me thinking that way. His behaviour was compulsive and almost unconscious. he was conscious to a point but yeah it was odd.

Its like the normal processes he went thru when doing stuff off his phone weren't there.
Yeah maybe, I didn't think about the texting in isolation.

I don’t think that is an addiction to texting issue

It’s an ego immaturity issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back