Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

cope harder was directed at both of you.

and you're both failing badly.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Hah, claiming the majority wanted Clarko gone. The ridiculousness.

BF North posters were openly targeted by other teams posters because we were the only ones who as a majority wanted due process.

Anyone who has called it, his punishment is just or unjust, based on public info is acting the fool. Yous fooled yourselves.

The few in here who maintain a stance of corporations gonna act in corporations interest and that doesnt inform us about much are to be congratulated imo. The fence aint gonna cut you in half ffs, sit on it give it a try. Imagine, enough of us sit up there "they" might have to actually work for our outrage.. sry, I mean votes... no I really ment clicks. Or not. Could be that left as is "they" pursue their interests and by chance the most good'll befall the most of us...but no. The AFL gets our cash coz we're North suckers, lets not give it our grey matter.

If you gave no shits about the specifics of his training, nor the timing of his completion vs his indiscretion, you must admit you give that training no value and should admit what we all know, its a wank fest. And so, his behaviour post wank would have somehow redeemed him, even tho its known to be a just post wank. but if he behaved badly mid wank... sploosh. what a world. Insert gif ffs.

I don't have too much of a problem with people wanting to see what the actual texts (and knowing about any other behavior?) were, I just think that after the club have basically backed every person embroiled in controversy to the hilt in recent years (Maj, Dumont, Clarko, TT) that it's a not likely this is some kind of virtue signaling stitch up orchestrated from AFL house that we've been brow beaten into accepting and then had a gun pointed at the club's head to fire him.

Fact is TT was already on severely shaky ground after last year (and remember it wasn't just his relationship behaviour, he had multiple scandals with driving, and was pictured on the booze nearly every week), out of contract at the end of this year, had tried to find his way out of that contract a couple years in a row, and then after all the hard work by our staff and all the bullshit we put up with from TT and the media it turned out he was saying he would be a campaigner to his partners still "if they deserved it", and he was texting this WHILE in the reform programs last year. Frankly I think that even if the worst he texted was calling his partners various slurs in fights, then we probably still would have axed him. Clearly doesn't give enough of a shit about his behavior or the club and I think after these revelations it was inevitable there would be drama down the track eventually if we held onto him.

Weirdest thing about all this is that I'm kind of surprised there's been f all in the media since the announcements tbh. From the countless pages added (and deleted) each day from this thread you would think there were media leaks, lawsuit threats, and parties being interviewed. About all we've had is a report the police are potentially in play, not even that someone reported it to them or that there's an active investigation, just that they're looking into it. Which isn't really surprising when the subject is a recidivist accused domestic abuser who was fired for further allegations and it was making front page news regularly.

Real shame all this has gone down. He was easily one of the most likely of our crop to put their hand up to be a game winning out and out star for the best part of a decade if things went right. Hurts to lose that kind of talent usually. Personally not feeling the pain, but I get why others might be flailing a bit coming to terms with it.

I don't have too much of a problem with people wanting to see what the actual texts (and knowing about any other behavior?) were, I just think that after the club have basically backed every person embroiled in controversy to the hilt in recent years (Maj, Dumont, Clarko, TT) that it's a not likely this is some kind of virtue signaling stitch up orchestrated from AFL house that we've been brow beaten into accepting and then had a gun pointed at the club's head to fire him.

Fact is TT was already on severely shaky ground after last year (and remember it wasn't just his relationship behaviour, he had multiple scandals with driving, and was pictured on the booze nearly every week), out of contract at the end of this year, had tried to find his way out of that contract a couple years in a row, and then after all the hard work by our staff and all the bullshit we put up with from TT and the media it turned out he was saying he would be a campaigner to his partners still "if they deserved it", and he was texting this WHILE in the reform programs last year. Frankly I think that even if the worst he texted was calling his partners various slurs in fights, then we probably still would have axed him. Clearly doesn't give enough of a s**t about his behavior or the club and I think after these revelations it was inevitable there would be drama down the track eventually if we held onto him.

Weirdest thing about all this is that I'm kind of surprised there's been f all in the media since the announcements tbh. From the countless pages added (and deleted) each day from this thread you would think there were media leaks, lawsuit threats, and parties being interviewed. About all we've had is a report the police are potentially in play, not even that someone reported it to them or that there's an active investigation, just that they're looking into it. Which isn't really surprising when the subject is a recidivist accused domestic abuser who was fired for further allegations and it was making front page news regularly.

Real shame all this has gone down. He was easily one of the most likely of our crop to put their hand up to be a game winning out and out star for the best part of a decade if things went right. Hurts to lose that kind of talent usually. Personally not feeling the pain, but I get why others might be flailing a bit coming to terms with it.

Best post on the topic that I've seen. Really sums up why I'm relieved that he's gone. Clean air at last.

Surprised to hear he was at the game yesterday watching both the seniors and VFL side play.
I would be embarrassed to show my face if I had done what he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be embarrassed to show my face if I had done what he has.
He either doesn't care about what he's done or this is, maybe, a small step towards accepting and acknowledging what he's done. Hard to know with Tarryn.

i think if you had enough of a conscience to be embarrassed you wouldn't have behaved like that in the first place,
True. Tarryn seems to have very little self awareness.

True. Tarryn seems to have very little self awareness.
100%. Remember the time we were getting pumped and he's sitting on the bench with Cunners and laughing. He got the Cunners stare to say shut the fck up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back