Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Did he not do half a match after his broken leg in '15... I can't seem to remember, but I would have thought he came back via the twos...

Edit: I think he was out for the season and came back in 16... so no, not via the twos! Lol!

16 more home and away games(assuming he plays every on of them) and he will be on 299 games.

Finals the cream on the top. Premature celebration.

I can see him miss a few games along the way. I would like to see other players rested too along the way. I want every player on the list FIT AS leading into finals.

If we have the wins banked. Top 2 assured. Why not?

I thought he played well tonight without being outstanding in any given way tonight. Interesting call to make for next week, but wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get called up.

I thought he played well tonight without being outstanding in any given way tonight. Interesting call to make for next week, but wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get called up.

thought sheldrick was as good as parker, what i saw of it
and geez, that lugsdin is a goer

thought sheldrick was as good as parker, what i saw of it
and geez, that lugsdin is a goer
I quite liked the game of Caleb Mitchell too, though I think he is still a step behind Sheldrick.

Great questions to be asking - our depth is starting to build nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which mid are you dropping

He might be sub that's about all I can see, Horse didn't make it seem like he's back anytime
Potentially just bring him in for McCartin. Fox can play the 3rd Tall/ Blakey can play tall as he shown us last year. Shuffle the deck a little bit. Parker plays some time up forward as well.
Or if you want to bring another KPD in Parker in for Adams or perhaps Roberts with a shuffled deck (Lloyd/Fox play more time back etc)

Potentially just bring him in for McCartin. Fox can play the 3rd Tall/ Blakey can play tall as he shown us last year. Shuffle the deck a little bit. Parker plays some time up forward as well.
Or if you want to bring another KPD in Parker in for Adams or perhaps Roberts with a shuffled deck (Lloyd/Fox play more time back etc)

Roberts is important in defence though, and bigger , has forced Lloyd up the ground .

Adams is a bull and feeding Gulden and Warner with in and under work , just can't see Parker pushing either out

Yep Fox starts and Parker is sub makes sense

otherwise it's really ditch Wicks or Amartey and pick him. Otherwise right now he isn't replacing any other mid on current form imo.

adams not going anywhere

Surely he comes back in the side next week?

If I had to choose someone to drop, I'd say Fox. If I chose someone as sub, it'd probably be Roberts or Jordon.

Lloyd would be up there in terms of being droppable, not because of his form, just that we have others in the team that can cover what he brings.

Parker is too good a player to be playing 2s.

Last edited:
Surely he comes back in the side next week?

If I had to choose someone to drop, I'd say Fox. If I chose someone as sub, it'd probably be Roberts or Jordon.

Lloyd would be up there in terms of being droppable, not because of his form, just that we have others in the team that can cover what he brings.

Parker is too good a player to be playing 2s.
Yeah he's definitely too good. Parker knows it, we know it and horse knows it. I completely understand the hesitation to bring him back in though. The midfield is performing so well as a unit you wouldn't want to do anything to unsettle it.

I trust Horses word on the issue in that Parker will be in at some stage to play an important role but at the moment it's about putting the right team for the opposition out every week. I'm sure he'd be straight back if we had an injury to any of our inside mids.

If he's not back in this week I'd be really tempted to bring him back against the dogs either as the sub or being prepared to sub him off of things aren't working.

Yeah he's definitely too good. Parker knows it, we know it and horse knows it. I completely understand the hesitation to bring him back in though. The midfield is performing so well as a unit you wouldn't want to do anything to unsettle it.

I trust Horses word on the issue in that Parker will be in at some stage to play an important role but at the moment it's about putting the right team for the opposition out every week. I'm sure he'd be straight back if we had an injury to any of our inside mids.

If he's not back in this week I'd be really tempted to bring him back against the dogs either as the sub or being prepared to sub him off of things aren't working.

If Mccartin didn't get hurt probably happened v Freo

You’d have to think a club like North is preparing themselves to speak with Parker or already has.

The commonalities between ROK and Parker ten years on are pretty stark, particularly given Parker was one of the players that benefited the most by ROK not playing - he won his first Skilton and properly took his place as a star of the comp in a flag contender that year.

Parker may have to accept that he’s on the outside looking in now without it meaning he doesn’t get a shot. I suspect he’ll play seniors at some point in the next month and then it’s up to him to demonstrate that as an occasional midfielder and mainly a forward he is of value. I think he’ll do that too, he’s not a spent force yet as a player but unless Rowbottom gets hurt, I think his time in our midfield as a first choice member is over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back