rightfoot_sloth

All Australian
Apr 7, 2004
Slothville
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Slothville
How big effort is it to kick 26 goals in the one game ! I played with this bloke for 2 years and he is gun ! He was on Geelongs list in the mid 90's and was unlucky not to play AFL footy due to a bad run with injuries. What would you say as a coach at 3/4 time to your players if you were the Brunswick Power coach ?

CENTRAL ALTONA 16.1 27.9 47.21 59.28.382
BRUNSWICK POWER 0.1 2.3 2.3 2.4.16

Best CA D.Innella, Saliba, Draper
BP Hardaway, Morgan, Hume

Goals CA D.Innella 26, A,Vucica 7, Saliba 6, S.Vucica 4, Theodorou 5,
BP Hardaway 2

P. Machedo slotted through a nice 30 goals

Tungamah10.7, 25.12, 36.23, 57.30 (372)

Wunghnu2.1, 2.1, 3.3, 3.5 (23)

Goals, Tungamah: P. Macheda 30, M. Lonergan 7, T. Wren 6, N. Lowe 4, S. McDonald 4, D. Putamorsi, T. Saunders, J. Thomson, H. Buckley, T. Cooper, W. Cooper. Wunghnu: D. Benson, P. Revell, A. Shelton.

Best, Tungamah: P. Macheda, T. Cooper, T. Wren, T. Hayes, T. Saunders, M. Lonergan. Wunghnu: D. Benson, A. Shelton, B. Ralph, D. Tate, N. Power, S. Tate.

I noticed the scoreline in the Herald Sun newspaper of all the western region games, and I couldn't believe how much Central Altona won by. What I didn't realise at the time, though, is that Innella scored 26 goals. What an incredible effort. What the hell is he (and Central Altona) doing in the second division anyway? If Central Altona of second division played a team like Seddon Yarraville of first division, I'd be tipping a Central Altona victory by 10-15 goals.

Good advertisement for the mercy rule in local footy I reckon.

Were I the coach of Brunswick or Wungnhu at 3/4 time I'd say to the boys go out there an aim to keep them under 10 goals for the final term. Keep your heads and (if at all possible) enjoy your footy by praising anything your team-mates do which is even remotely positive and/or noteworthy

Obviously these sides are well below the opposition in class and the last thing you need is blokes throwing haymakers out of frustration. I remember watching Brunswick Power when they were in the Club XVIII Div 3 of the VAFA. Sadly, the were struggling then, and don't seem to have improved much since moving to the WRFL.

NB - both matches had a quarter where the dominant side scored 20 goals (well almost 19.7 in the last by Tungamah), they'd have had to be 40+ minute quarters wouldn't they?

i play at central altona we are 7th on the ladder havent been able to get our full side in or even close to it all year we will give it a huge shake in the finals this year if we can get all the boys on the track but i agree dave aka "THE BIG CAT" can seriously play

HawkeEye said:

Goals, Tungamah: P. Macheda 30, M. Lonergan 7, T. Wren 6, N. Lowe 4, S. McDonald 4, D. Putamorsi, T. Saunders, J. Thomson, H. Buckley, T. Cooper, W. Cooper. Wunghnu: D. Benson, P. Revell, A. Shelton.

Best, Tungamah: P. Macheda, T. Cooper, T. Wren, T. Hayes, T. Saunders, M. Lonergan. Wunghnu: D. Benson, A. Shelton, B. Ralph, D. Tate, N. Power, S. Tate.
Should be a bubbly session on Tuesday night at Wunghnu..

Brunswick Power will be one of the worst Melbourne footy club team along with Parkmore, Hadfield, Parkmore and Carrum Downs before they folded halfway this year.

HawkeEye said:

Actually saw the game, Macca kicked 12 in the last, the game was pretty bad to watch really. All the boys were looking out for him. But 30 what an effort. Kicked his 100th in the first aswell.

You have to feel sorry for Wunghnu, in 17 games they have kicked 613 points and concedded 4421 points. So I did some calculations and that works out of an average of 36 points they kick each game to 260 points against. Getting a pumping each week.

Straight shooting in the last helped out heaps, for the whole day it was field day.

My North said:
Brunswick Power will be one of the worst Melbourne footy club team along with Parkmore, Hadfield, Parkmore and Carrum Downs before they folded halfway this year.
seriously some of the scores that have been kicked against BP should wiped from the record books. Witches hats would be more competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pazza said:
I'm pretty sure I know Dave...reckon he was recruited originally from Hoppers Crossing before they became very strong.

That's right, Dave is from Hoppers. He also played TAC Cup for the Western Jets, and from memory booted about 7 goals in the 1993 Grand Final loss to the Northern Knights, when 50 goals were kicked between the two teams.

aj1981 said:
That's right, Dave is from Hoppers. He also played TAC Cup for the Western Jets, and from memory booted about 7 goals in the 1993 Grand Final loss to the Northern Knights, when 50 goals were kicked between the two teams.

Only two good things came out of the first two TAC Cup grand finals...Adam Richardson holding the ball aloft as he ran into an open goal for Geelong in 92...and the commentators getting excited every time Billy Baarini got the footy for Western in both games...

While we havea few WRFL people together, whos the tip for the granny, i guess altone have div 2 all wrapped up. But the div one is very open, there are probably the four teams that make the finals could win it on their day.

who will ge tthe fourth finals spot in div one

Division 1 is going to be a case of the same old same old.

Port Colts
Hoppers
St. Albans
Albion
Parkside
Spotswood

These are the premiership contenders. Basically hasn't changed since the early 1990's.

I'm probably a bit personally biased, given I know quite a number of the blokes on the Hoppers squad, particularly Buchanan and Camilleri, who are friends from childhood. Wouldn't surprise me if they win yet another one under Satterley.

pazza said:
Division 1 is going to be a case of the same old same old.

Port Colts
Hoppers
St. Albans
Albion
Parkside
Spotswood

what about sunshine, are they a chance of making the finals, young enthusiatic list from what i hear. they were fourth two weeks ago, but have they dropped off a bit???

Broadbridge_20 tells me that three quarters of the Brunswick side are Ethiopians learning how to play the game.

Hoppers have taken the lead in division one, too, Pazza. I'm hoping to head back to Hoppers next year. I haven't played there since 1999 when I was U13s.

rightfoot_sloth said:
CENTRAL ALTONA 16.1 27.9 47.21 59.28.382
BRUNSWICK POWER 0.1 2.3 2.3 2.4.16

Best CA D.Innella, Saliba, Draper
BP Hardaway, Morgan, Hume

Goals CA D.Innella 26, A,Vucica 7, Saliba 6, S.Vucica 4, Theodorou 5,
BP Hardaway 2

That wouldn't be Cam Saliba would it by any chance?
Used to play for Huonville Lions and Glenorchy down here.

Travvy43 said:
what about sunshine, are they a chance of making the finals, young enthusiatic list from what i hear. they were fourth two weeks ago, but have they dropped off a bit???

same old story for the Sunshine Kangaroos. They show alot of promise throughout the year with their so-called young group but they always seem to choke at the business end of the season.

Tigers 1945 said:
That wouldn't be Cam Saliba would it by any chance?
Used to play for Huonville Lions and Glenorchy down here.

Is he any relation to Lee Saliba?

X_box_X said:
Broadbridge_20 tells me that three quarters of the Brunswick side are Ethiopians learning how to play the game.

Hoppers have taken the lead in division one, too, Pazza. I'm hoping to head back to Hoppers next year. I haven't played there since 1999 when I was U13s.

Yeah I noticed that...thumping percentage to boot as well.

Knowing Satterley's coaching style, I think Sepetember at Yarraville looks set to be another Warriors run...although I'm worried about the boys from the Colts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back