Player Watch #24 - Sam Naismith

Remove this Banner Ad

Hitouts are a garbage stat but I'll play along.
He only attended 15 ruck contests. Jackson only had 7 hitouts from 36 contests. Darcy only had 12 from 31. 2 of the premier rucks in the comp....
So why is he in the side then as you said he's a good ruck value, yet he got less HO than everybody including Cooper Simpson? You won't see him again this season in the seniors unless Nank goes down and even then it would still be insane playing him as he's finished.

So why is he in the side then as you said he's a good ruck value, yet he got less HO than everybody including Cooper Simpson. You won't see him again this season in the seniors unless Nank goes down and even then it would still be insane playing him as he's finished.
As I said, I'm not sure why Yze is playing him. He should only be backup to Nank, as Soldo was.
why are you going back to that as Naismith was dropped afterwards lol.
You're talking s**t as usual and defending the indefensible.
Because as I've said 3 times now, he's a 1st ruck, not a forward. The only sample we have of him where he has played in his true position was against Witts in r0.

I can draw a picture if it helps...

No idea why he is playing, Nank gets a lot of s**t by our supporters but I think he does way better than most give him credit for Naismith offers nothing.

That's on Yze imo

As I said, I'm not sure why Yze is playing him. He should only be backup to Nank, as Soldo was.

Because as I've said 3 times now, he's a 1st ruck, not a forward. The only sample we have of him where he has played in his true position was against Witts in r0.

I can draw a picture if it helps...
You're contradicting yourself as he was rubbish as usual and not AFL standard,so HTF and WTF should he be first ruck. Here's the picture I'll paint so you can understand:

1714907841288.png

You're contradicting yourself as he was rubbish as usual and not AFL standard,so HTF and WTF should he be first ruck. Here's the picture I'll paint so you can understand:

View attachment 1980637
What don't you understand? He should be backup ruck depth for Nank or not in the side. No teams backup ruck are as good as their 1st ruck (bar Freo).

Yeah.. playing him forward is baffling and makes me question Yze and the match committee.

I’d honestly rather play kosi, at least he can get to a contest. Even rather Ryan.
We were calling for him to be played cause Kosi was so bad & we needed height but it's clear he is even worse.

I said from the start my preference is Ryan to be given opportunity ahead of both Kosi & Naismith.

What don't you understand? He should be backup ruck depth for Nank or not in the side. No teams backup ruck are as good as their 1st ruck (bar Freo).
You've contradicted yourself FFS read al your posts and i'm telling you he should never be in our team again. You've also tried saying he was performing better than Witts and then ahe was ok today. he should not play again this year ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back