Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

What I love about this pick is that over the last 2-3 years we've given ourselves every opportunity to completely nail our spine for a long time to come. Nielsen, Durdin, Brown and McKay is potentially a very, very exciting and talented combination to fill our key positions for the next 10 years. And that's without mentioning Tarrant as a 26 year old.

What I love about this pick is that over the last 2-3 years we've given ourselves every opportunity to completely nail our spine for a long time to come. Nielsen, Durdin, Brown and McKay is potentially a very, very exciting and talented combination to fill our key positions for the next 10 years. And that's without mentioning Tarrant as a 26 year old.

Hibberd and EVW were arguably close to the best third tall defenders in their respective drafts as well. Ed was the AA FB.

Clarke and Hibberd were close to my #1 preference for #21, to get them both for the 2nd and third picks is absolutely unreal. I liked McKay at #30, so it all works out.

Clarke will be in the top 10 players to come out of this draft, I reckon he'll play 10+ games next year. Athletically ready to go.

Hibberd is a gun, reckon he will be the long term Firrito replacement, but with a fair bit more class. Plays the Goddard half back role.

Cheers mate. Well summarised

Clarke and Hibberd were close to my #1 preference for #21, to get them both for the 2nd and third picks is absolutely unreal. I liked McKay at #30, so it all works out.

Clarke will be in the top 10 players to come out of this draft, I reckon he'll play 10+ games next year. Athletically ready to go.

Hibberd is a gun, reckon he will be the long term Firrito replacement, but with a fair bit more class. Plays the Goddard half back role.

I guess the other point is Hibberd and Clarke on exposed form are safe picks but McKay's upside is the greatest. Potential is a dirty word!

14 goals from 5 games as a forward. Considering he only decided to give AFL a fair crack half-way through this year, that ain't bad.

Add to this the fact that he's 8 days off being in next years draft class, I think he's a risk worth taking with a huge ceiling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he came dead last in the vertical leap testing at the combine. If so, that may rule him out as a future (centre-bounce) ruckman.

My guess is that they see him as a potential replacement for Drew... But I doubt you could get away with both him & Ben Brown in the same forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Anderson wrote that some clubs rate Ben higher than Harry. I'm not to suprised. Hopefuly those clubs know are the good recuiting ones.

Ummm... Does Harry say that he wanted to end up at North Melbourne so he was happy for his brother.

Did these guys BFNAAK?

Um, Harry, you're an identical twin.

You CAN end up at North Melbourne.

By his height im guessing he'll be able to play in the ruck as well so im guessing he might be backup ruck and then we rerookie Daw as a backup ruck also.

I'm more excited by McKay than durdin,

Already a much more developed than Durdin.

He is raw but he has a competitive nature.

Natural mark of the footy which is something you can't teach. Solid athlete.

Stoked with this pick.
More developed? Mckay questions his on ability. If he can get on top of it he could be a nice piece in the team but
Durdin played league football for West Adelaide. If fit Durdin should get games next year. Durdin will be our Chb in years to come.

More developed? Mckay questions his on ability. If he can get on top of it he could be a nice piece in the team but
Durdin played league football for West Adelaide. If fit Durdin should get games next year. Durdin will be our Chb in years to come.

Physically he is more developed than Durdin. Durdin is still a bean pole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back