2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

They said that last year. List retention means a lot more than recruiting big names that may only stay there a year or two
Given the state of the competition at the moment, I would be happy with the side we've assembled to succeed for the next 2 seasons, make a ton of cash and take that war chest to the SFL.

Given the state of the competition at the moment, I would be happy with the side we've assembled to succeed for the next 2 seasons, make a ton of cash and take that war chest to the SFL.
You would. But if they move to a local competition I can assure you those players won't be playing their footy there. They will be going back to their local clubs. Points play a part. The club will be starting from scratch all over again from top to bottom.

SANFL vs VFL game confirmed to be in Adelaide during AFL Gather Round “April 4-7”

Quote from SANFL CEO Darren Chandler on FiveAA Summer Sports Show “SANFL vs VFL state league match will be played as a stand alone game at a seperate SANFL Venue”

that rules out Norwood Oval and Adelaide Oval

SANFL vs VFL game confirmed to be in Adelaide during AFL Gather Round “April 4-7”

Quote from SANFL CEO Darren Chandler on FiveAA Summer Sports Show “SANFL vs VFL state league match will be played as a stand alone game at a seperate SANFL Venue”

insert shocked facial expression here

Well I'll be stuffed

Sturt, North Adelaide or even Glenelg the best options.

Stupid to hold the state game during gather round anyway when theres already enough games being played in Adelaide.

Sturt, North Adelaide or even Glenelg the best options.

Stupid to hold the state game during gather round anyway when theres already enough games being played in Adelaide.
Yeah, would make more sense to host it at North Port for Victorian fans who won't make the trip over.

Yeah, would make more sense to host it at North Port for Victorian fans who won't make the trip over.
Would make more sense if it was held not on Gather Round too. Some VFL clubs should have the chance to host home games when theres no AFL in Melbourne as I've said here previously.

Frankston might not be the ideal venue in terms of location, but there's also the issue of facilities. Apparently there were issues at Cragieburn regarding adequate changing room facilities and time for warm-ups for all six teams playing on the same day. Frankston has three changing rooms at the ground, plus parkland across the street that teams can make use of for warmups. These are apparently the reasons Frankston is being considered as a venue.
The VFL might consider having a chat with the VAFA. Their HQ at Elsternwick Park has two grounds and multiple change rooms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IKON Park is central too
Not with where Melbourne's population. The most central VFL ground would be Box Hill (Glen Iris/Ashburton/Camberwell is the centre of Melbourne population wise).

Surely they'll have it at a more centralised venue as opposed to Frankston

Yes of course it depends on ground availability however I don't think too many were thrilled with it being held in Cragieburn of all places in 2023.
think you'll find Frankston Park is one of the very very few AFL (VFL) only football ovals in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back