Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Excited about Binns. Think he will have a great season. Expecting him to play a lot in the seniors and rack up the possies. He and Williams could make a huge difference in 2024

Greg Williams is well past it.

Just the 4 of them…

What is it normally, 1st to 4th year (pre-seasons) then the rest a couple of weeks later, though the delayed return seems to be a thing of the past.

Assuming the official pre-season is 4th Dec with 10 weeks off post our finals.
We haven’t even cracked 5 weeks yet.
generally 1-4 years come in either last week of October or first week of November.

there are tranches of player returning over the next six weeks with age, personalised plans and injury history weighting those factors.

players have a right to a certain amount of time off in the CBA, stuff like this is a personal choice and it's great to see the commitment.

generally 1-4 years come in either last week of October or first week of November.

there are tranches of player returning over the next six weeks with age, personalised plans and injury history weighting those factors.

players have a right to a certain amount of time off in the CBA, stuff like this is a personal choice and it's great to see the commitment.

The only difference is that we went (deep) into finals this year, so the break should be longer. Think the AFLPA negotiated 10 weeks, though they break for a further 2 weeks over Xmas/NY.

West Coast's first-to-fourth-year players due to return for pre-season training on November 6.
**We’ve got another 4 weeks on them from the end of the H&A season, which equates to 10 weeks = our official pre-season may not commence until Mon, 4th Dec.

West Coast's first-to-fourth-year players due to return for pre-season training on November 6.
**We’ve got another 4 weeks on them from the end of the H&A season, which equates to 10 weeks = our official pre-season may not commence until Mon, 4th Dec.

Best sport in the world when it comes to holidays. There wouldn't be another sport like it.

Best sport in the world when it comes to holidays. There wouldn't be another sport like it.
NFL has a 7 month off season. (Superbowl is played early Feb season starts back about early September).

Not sure what the players commitments are in between though.

Any word on blokes who’ve returned early? I hear Nic Martin at the Dons is fitter than he’s ever been and has a full pre season to get stuck into yet, I’d love to hear something similar about our guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on blokes who’ve returned early? I hear Nic Martin at the Dons is fitter than he’s ever been and has a full pre season to get stuck into yet, I’d love to hear something similar about our guys.
First time we're talking about opposition players training the house down

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

First time we're talking about opposition players training the house down

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nic Martin is an all or nothing wingman. Perpetually gambles on getting the ball and leaving his opponent unattended. He'll be able to use his great tank in making sure that he keeps out of contests. His team also finished 4 weeks before ours, partially at least because of their lack of contested players.

I couldn't care less if Nic Martin is the fittest person in the world.

Nic Martin is an all or nothing wingman. Perpetually gambles on getting the ball and leaving his opponent unattended. He'll be able to use his great tank in making sure that he keeps out of contests. His team also finished 4 weeks before ours, partially at least because of their lack of contested players.

I couldn't care less if Nic Martin is the fittest person in the world.
Ok relax guy - I just get impeccable mail from the Dons and a few other clubs and wish I got mail for Carlton as I’m sure there are blokes who’ve been back for weeks and in great condition (see Walsh for example - speculatively of course)

Someone here has to know something to tide us over with some level of Carlton talk

Was not particularly impressed at all with the first version that arrived from GWS. Hopefully, his year away from the game has brought home the need fora more professional approach to his game. All will be revealed.
Yup time for Zac to show us something, huge investment for the club which has yielded very little.
Williams will be 30 in 2024, so not too many seasons to make his mark, hopefully he’s seen the light and bigins gets a move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back