List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

King definitely, hopefully Caminiti is but Sharman hasn't shown much at all this year. Hopefully he can turn his form around but he hasn't been playing well enough to be making list decisions around him being a long term player.
I know Sharman has been down this year but I can guarantee one thing, he is a better player than Camaniti.

King definitely, hopefully Caminiti is but Sharman hasn't shown much at all this year. Hopefully he can turn his form around but he hasn't been playing well enough to be making list decisions around him being a long term player.
I think you only need two TBH but either way I’ve always believed it’s more important how it gets down there than who’s there when it is. I think they’d all look better if we stopped playing so super defensive but that’s a conversation for another day.

I swear that when I was reading your post Gav I honestly though it was one my posts. Finally someone who 100% agrees with me.🥂 I have been advocating this for so long but unfortunately the club will not do this because they are too stubborn. They don't think long term. All they are interested is the short term. As I posted the other day, if at the end of this year I could convert Sincs, Steele, and Ro into picks better than pick 12 I would do it. Take all 3 picks plus our own FRDP to the draft and grab 4 young guns to add to our already great looking Core under the age of Max King. We would probably regress further next year but it wouldn't bother me because we would be building the Core group. If we don't do this we will forever stay in no-mans land. Not bad enough to get top 5 picks but never good enough to challenge for a flag. There is no point finishing between fifth and tenth every year. Not in my book anyway....
I have floated the idea of trading Ro. I think he is well past it if/when we contend next. Lacks the footy IQ to play well into his 30’s. Once his athleticism is done, so is Ro. Would also make us attractive to a young ruck ready to step up and change clubs

I have floated the idea of trading Ro. I think he is well past it if/when we contend next. Lacks the footy IQ to play well into his 30’s. Once his athleticism is done, so is Ro. Would also make us attractive to a young ruck ready to step up and change clubs
I don't mind the idea but unless we can replace him with a player that is peaking in 2 years then its a moot point.

Yeah, he's not going great, but he's filling positional holes due to injury etc. Hopefully with others returning he's played in his natural forward position and hits his straps.
I've still got hope for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to sort out our spine. I look at Carlton’s

Weiters
Mcgovern
Walsh
Curnow
Mckay
If youre comparing us to Carlton our spine isnt too bad

Weiters-Wilkie
McGovern-Battle
Walsh-Steele
Curnow-Membs
McKay-King

If you go deeper into the midfield we get absolutely ****ed. As everyone has mentioned thats what we need to beef up.

Say we get LDU.

Steele, LDU, Windy (assuming Crouch and Seb are gone) with Owens, Garcia, Hastie, Henry, Dow, Pou and maybe Hotton is he comes good all of a sudden we have a topline and good depth.

Talk in this article that LDU may possibly receive the biggest contract offers of all time. Saints interested with a lot of spare cash. Just the sort of player we need but talk of ten year contracts seems a bit over the top. Here's a quote from the article from journo Jay Clark...

“For Luke Davies-Uniacke - who’s at North Melbourne, he’s a free agent next year, he’s out of contract - it seriously could be a $13-15 million offer,” Clark stated.

The article a couple of posts up poses the question for LDU, "Who is closer to a flag between Kangaroos and Saints?"

The unfortunate reality is that it's probably Norf. 🥴

Talk in this article that LDU may possibly receive the biggest contract offers of all time. Saints interested with a lot of spare cash. Just the sort of player we need but talk of ten year contracts seems a bit over the top. Here's a quote from the article from journo Jay Clark...

“For Luke Davies-Uniacke - who’s at North Melbourne, he’s a free agent next year, he’s out of contract - it seriously could be a $13-15 million offer,” Clark stated.

We'll cough up the money.
He'll be flying for a few games, then separate meteorites will hit both his legs.

I think we probably have to do shit like 10 year deals if were gonna make it happen.

We have to pay massive overs to lure guys cause were a small, shitty club. Frankly its a big swing, high risk, high reward.

Id rather we do it and fail than sit on our hands.

The article a couple of posts up poses the question for LDU, "Who is closer to a flag between Kangaroos and Saints?"

The unfortunate reality is that it's probably Norf. 🥴

Really hard to say. We are either Richmond who sat mid table then burst onto the scene or North who hovered around mid table, went and bought up players and never really had the cream to compete with the best sides.

GC and GWS should have won 5 flags each if amassing talent was all you needed. North definitely putting together some talent pool though.

Last edited:
Norf with probably the number one pick again this year, with loads of cash to spare just imagine if they could grab Sam Taylor as a free agent next year. Unlikely I guess but straight away they'd move well up the ladder (and probably past us) 😁.

LDU, Will Phillips & Tarryn Thomas for 1.3 million a year?

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back