15🇹🇭 Alexander AlbonWilliams Racing0
16🇫🇷 Esteban OconAlpine F1 Team0
17🇨🇳 Zhou GuanyuStake F1 Team Kick Sauber0
18🇦🇺 Daniel RicciardoVisa Cash App RB F1 Team0
19🇫🇷 Pierre GaslyAlpine F1 Team0
20🇫🇮 Valtteri BottasStake F1 Team Kick Sauber0
21🇺🇲 Logan SargeantWilliams Racing0

Last edited:

Still amazes me that we can race in a picturesque city like Miami, and have the race in a car park.

You could almost understand it if they had built a great track, but even the circuit is boring.
There's not exactly any land available to build it. You'd have to have a street circuit otherwise and gridded cities aren't great for layouts.

There's not exactly any land available to build it. You'd have to have a street circuit otherwise and gridded cities aren't great for layouts.
If theres not a suitable race track available, or you can't create something that visually compares with Vegas, then I dont think we need a race in Miami.

If theres not a suitable race track available, or you can't create something that visually compares with Vegas, then I dont think we need a race in Miami.
Money says you do. That's about it. Like all major sports that exist outside of the US, the US is the untapped gold mine. Surprised there isn't an event up towards the north though, wonder if COTA will make way for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rightly sticking it it up his team a bit too. Dan is good at giving the engineers tangible input into what the car is doing and has said all along that something wasn't right with the previous chassis but he wasn't able to put his finger on it. Just hope he can get lucky and not get into any dramas, follows up with a good Q for the race and hopefully even score points twice.

Piastri outshining Norris makes it a great result for the Aussies
Sure, PIA was faster than NOR in one lap on softs. But wouldn't be taking too much from that.

Norris finished top of the boards during Sprint Q1/Q2 on mediums but both McLarens lacked pace on the softs.

There's also the fact that Norris has the full upgrade package whereas Piasti only has about half - this equated to about a 0.2 second/lap differential on race pace according to Zac Brown.

My point being both McLaren drivers driving really well and this track suits their car for the race. But Piastri will be at a significant pace disadvantage for the race. Norris and Leclerc are the 2 drivers most likely to challenge Verstappen this race imho.

Takeaway is that McLaren as a team is continuing to move upwards in terms of car development and has the best quality pairing on the grid.

Ricciardo clearly outclassing his co-driver on this track and a good roughie for a podium in the sprint. Will take a penalty for the race grid however which will hurt.

McLaren upgrade has taken it backwards. Has heck all rear grip on this track and lack of downforce continues to hurt.

Last edited:
Why is there a separate thread for this race? Regardless, good performance from Dan

Why is there a separate thread for this race? Regardless, good performance from Dan

Trying out a separate race thread for each race instead of having everything in the one thread.

yep! really pleased for danny ric. reckon this year has to be the one to make an impact.
Who knows, if the McLarens close the gap to Perez (Max is unreachable) and Daniel keeps performing, then it could reignite conversations about that second Red Bull seat (but I'd still take Sainz over Ricciardo if I were Red Bull)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back