Prediction 2024 Fixture Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see a couple of teams currently in the 8 with hard draws from here.
What continually amazes me is how bias the AFL are in regularly ensuring certain VIC teams who they obviously want to see thrive are consistently looked after in the draw (who can forget Collingwood not leaving the MCG in like the last eight H&A games last year) and I bet if you asked them they’d pretend it’s all just an anomaly. It really is a rort and you know irrespective of anything that happens this year, Essendon will be the beneficiary of a soft draw next year you can just bet on it.

On a day where Fremantle are complaining about the amount of travel they have to do, we are not far behind.

I've probably mentioned this more than anyone else but I still think it's very unfair that we have away games against Port, Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle plus the Gather Round making it 5 trips to SA/WA. No club in the history of the AFL has had to travel to SA/WA this many times in a season. I've had a quick look through the draw and I might be wrong but no other club has that many trips west.

3 of those trips are done but we still have away games vs. Port and WC to come.

Giving Freo/WC an extra home game to make up for the Gather Round would mean you'd have to do the same for NSW/QLD teams - the point that the GR is a free home game for SA based teams though is still a fair one.

On a day where Fremantle are complaining about the amount of travel they have to do, we are not far behind.

I've probably mentioned this more than anyone else but I still think it's very unfair that we have away games against Port, Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle plus the Gather Round making it 5 trips to SA/WA. No club in the history of the AFL has had to travel to SA/WA this many times in a season. I've had a quick look through the draw and I might be wrong but no other club has that many trips west.

3 of those trips are done but we still have away games vs. Port and WC to come.

Giving Freo/WC an extra home game to make up for the Gather Round would mean you'd have to do the same for NSW/QLD teams - the point that the GR is a free home game for SA based teams though is still a fair one.
Agree with most except Freo/WC don't get an extra home game to make up for gather round.
However, they have the derby (2 games) that allows both sides to not travel, so both sides play 12 games at Optus.
They alternate the home dressing sheds and home game status each year for that 2nd game.

Port plays 13 games at Adelaide Oval in 2024.
That being 11 home games + 1 Derby game (alternate home game status) + 1 Gather round at Adelaide Oval in 2024.
Adelaide also plays 13 games at Adelaide Oval the breakup the same as Port above.

Agree with most except Freo/WC don't get an extra home game to make up for gather round.
However, they have the derby (2 games) that allows both sides to not travel, so both sides play 12 games at Optus.
They alternate the home dressing sheds and home game status each year for that 2nd game.

Port plays 13 games at Adelaide Oval in 2024.
That being 11 home games + 1 Derby game (alternate home game status) + 1 Gather round at Adelaide Oval in 2024.
Adelaide also plays 13 games at Adelaide Oval the breakup the same as Port above.
West Coast and Freo have their own dressing rooms at Optus; they don’t alternate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back