List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Because at the end of next year we'll likely be seeing the end of Viney, May and Max so you need to keep the list moving rather than be short sighted and throw hail Mary's for the sake of 1 year.

It's not 2009 mate, we're looking to actually develop players, all those ones you listed would have debuted round 1 after their draft and be considered dud picks by now if it was up to you.

I reckon Max might go on for a while, but agree those three could easily be done as early as next year (Barring serious injuries).

I think May has a couple of years in him yet if he wants to continue playing, even if he's slowing down he still reads the play well and is a good kick..don't see that changing.

I think May has a couple of years in him yet if he wants to continue playing, even if he's slowing down he still reads the play well and is a good kick..don't see that changing.
Only concern with him is his back – every year he seems to have a harder time picking the ball up below his knees.

Strength, speed and disposal are still very good though, so you might be right.

You never know, but he'd be turning 35 in 2026.
Everyone's different of course, but Sandilands played until he was 37 (though he was often on the sidelines for his last few years). Goldstein is 35 at the moment too.

Gawn still looks really fit and has only played 203 games, so might have some mileage in the legs yet. That being said, one bad injury and it's possibly curtains.

Regardless, you wouldn't want to be relying on him too much after 2025.

Only concern with him is his back – every year he seems to have a harder time picking the ball up below his knees.

Strength, speed and disposal are still very good though, so you might be right.

If we had someone to take over his role as the #1 stopper it would be nice. Play May in a similar role we do Lever on a less dangerous forward where he has a license to come off his man.

If we had someone to take over his role as the #1 stopper it would be nice. Play May in a similar role we do Lever on a less dangerous forward where he has a license to come off his man.
That's the dream - he's brilliant in that role.

Would need Tommo/Disco/Adams to really step up though if it was to be this year.

That's the dream - he's brilliant in that role.

Would need Tommo/Disco/Adams to really step up though if it was to be this year.
Yeah, we have heck all. I like Disco but that not his bag. Tommo is too slow to be relied on week in and week out, matchup dependant . Adams might never play a game. Grim.

TMac is training in defense isn't he? Forwards will really struggle to shake his epic mobility. He is the answer.
Oh god I forgot about that hahaha. Might have an aneurysm if he's delivering the ball out of the back 50 next year.

TMac is training in defense isn't he? Forwards will really struggle to shake his epic mobility. He is the answer.
He couldn't even jump when in the ruck centre bounces during the finals. Teams will be able to bomb it in MFC style but they'll be taking grabs every time.

He couldn't even jump when in the ruck centre bounces during the finals. Teams will be able to bomb it in MFC style but they'll be taking grabs every time.

His peroxide short hair will make him more aerodynamic. New player in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Max might go on for a while, but agree those three could easily be done as early as next year (Barring serious injuries).

It is hard to pick, Viney I think just had his best season of his career, even if he was disappointing for the finals, but he has been injury prone his whole career.

May looked mortal for the first time this year, such a good reader and distributer back there but has relied on a ridiculous combo of power and speed for so long, wonder if he can transition his game once a yard or two of pace has dropped off.

Max still tore games apart but felt like his most inconsistent year in a while. Keen to see early next year whether that was the Grundy effect or just the inevitable hand of father time.

It is hard to pick, Viney I think just had his best season of his career, even if he was disappointing for the finals, but he has been injury prone his whole career.

May looked mortal for the first time this year, such a good reader and distributer back there but has relied on a ridiculous combo of power and speed for so long, wonder if he can transition his game once a yard or two of pace has dropped off.

Max still tore games apart but felt like his most inconsistent year in a while. Keen to see early next year whether that was the Grundy effect or just the inevitable hand of father time.

May looked pretty average during the H&A at times but was dominant in finals.

I think Max just had an off year because the knee injury + Grundy being there till like round 18.

I have highlighted some obvious ones, and underlined some who have to have a fresh attitude...

We will have a lot of cap space, end of season.
I'll be shocked if Hunter stays much longer. Rumour is the club has tried to ship him off due to his off field influences. Hopefully Windsor can come on fast. Looks a type that might.

I'll be shocked if Hunter stays much longer. Rumour is the club has tried to ship him off due to his off field influences. Hopefully Windsor can come on fast. Looks a type that might.

We've got enough options to try on the wings, they've just gotta be willing to actually do it.

Wouldn't mind seeing Howes, Woey, Bowey and even Salem experimented with there as well.

Because you can't list AFLW player weights, so they are bringing the men's in line.

* is there alot I wanna say about that
What a load of nonsense, hahaha...Steven Segal working for the AFL as an advisor?

We've got enough options to try on the wings, they've just gotta be willing to actually do it.

Wouldn't mind seeing Howes, Woey, Bowey and even Salem experimented with there as well.
Agreed. Hunter was decent, but obviously having a horrible influence off field which isn't surprising.

What a load of nonsense, hahaha...Steven Segal working for the AFL as an advisor?

They already banned skin fold tests for draftees for their mental health. It's gotta be right around the corner where you'll be banned for not cheering them for every contest soon. Pack of soft ******* campaigners.

They already banned skin fold tests for draftees for their mental health. It's gotta be right around the corner where you'll be banned for not cheering them for every contest soon. Pack of soft ******* campaigners.
Absolutely ridiculous. What a world we live in. Ban divulging heights for people sensitive about being short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back